06-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all the responses. We've hired someone and the site is up and running.
You have been PM'ed!
(better than being PUNK'd, eh?)
06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Is there a reason you are insisting on tables?
Probably for backwards compatibility. Some older browsers will really screw up positioning if you don't have some table structure in place. I like to use a bit of a mix, personally. Mostly CSS, but with enough HTML table structure that it still maintains some semblance of order and sanity when viewed on the wrong browser.
06-28-2006, 06:10 AM
I would be happy to code your webpage for you. If you'd like to look at some of my work and see my credentials, please visit my website at:
I can meet all of your objectives without a problem. I do all of my layouts in photoshop first, so I'm used to slicing and dicing. In fact, the coding process is one of my favorite parts to do. I also code in valid W3C Compliant XHTML and CSS to ensure that the website is cross-compatible with various browsers. I'll make sure that it fits on everybody's screen as well.
I'm new to this forum as of today, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to quote the price right in the forum or email you directly or what. Please contact me at email@example.com, and I will be happy to give you my estimated price for the project. Thanks.
I want to change my website. I have designed the new site in Illustrator and will provide all of the images, copy, etc. and none of the coding is difficult. I have very specific needs, though and they are:
1. Entire page must be designed in HTML using tables, except for the book cover images on the right which use java. The script for those can be taken from the front page of my current site (www.bookcoverexpress.com) (http://www.bookcoverexpress.com%29), but it must be credited to the original coder (who has vanished). I want them to work on rollover the same way as they do on my current site.
2. The text must be "live" text, justified and laid out as closely as possible to the way I have it. Sans serif. This is a trick, I know. The large quotation marks will be supplied as a graphic.
3. NO TRANSPARENCIES. NONE. NADA. I will supply all of the graphics with a bit of the background colour, or whatever is needed to blend.
4. No image maps. I would like the links (3) on the left to be made from cuts (sorry, don't know word) of side bar.
5. I need my meta tags to remain exactly as they are (yes, I know they're not correct, if you want to know why, I'll explain privately) on my current site.
6. Need someone who can test this in all the popular browsers.
7. Need my site counter code put back in.
8. Need it to load fairly fast, but with no reduction in quality of images. The speed and quality of my current site is working fine.
9. I don't want the width to exceed the width of my 15 inch screen. I have a lot of older clients on very old systems and they will not scroll over to see the samples.
10. I need only that one page (as in the demo) done, not the entire site.
Here is a link to the layout I've designed: http://www.bookcoverexpress.com/garden.jpg
Please send quotes in American $$ to me via PM.
Pay ONLY via PayPal (sorry, I'm in Canada).