Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : According to you...
05-02-2007, 09:40 PM
What would YOU say are the top five mistakes a beginning designer can make? (having to do with their actual designs)
I want to use this information for an ad I'm making for a design company in my electronic imaging class.
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
1. Too many fonts in one design
2. Bad grid/eye movement/composition
3. Grunge brushes
4. aligning objects to the center
5. overall bad typography (font choices, kerning, leading, etc.)
Those were just 5 that came to my mind.
05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
another obvious one: Not giving design elements enough room to breathe
05-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Definitely Frankster ... I was lame and used the my catch all "bad grid/eye movement/composition" to cover things like that ...
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
1. Overusing gradients, drop shadows, bevel/emboss, stroke, Photoshop filters
2. Unbalanced composition
3. Inappropriate use of particular fonts (like a fancy girly font for a car ad, etc.)
5. Not enough contrast when placing colored text on a colored background
carter the artist
05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
05-02-2007, 10:31 PM
let meh think..
y0u 2 craig & virg0 ..
h0w are y0u guyz?! what the ****?
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
apparently sarah's "o" is broken ...
Can someone please fix it fast?
05-03-2007, 01:55 AM
1. Forgetting to call the Printer first
2. Forgetting to call the Printer first
3. Forgetting to call the Printer first
4. Forgetting to call the Printer first
5. Forgetting to call the Printer first