What's up GDF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up GDF?

Hi guys! Well, it's been a long time -- 8 years to be more or less exact! I went out to get a Starbucks and got lost and couldn't find my way back -- as you do.

To introduce myself to probably most people here, I'm a web & graphic designer of 15+ years, I'm originally from Alaska but living in Croatia now. Still kickin' it in the design biz, loving it. I do miss having a community of designers to talk shop with, so thought I'd pop in.

So... What's new with you?!
    You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Wow! Long time, indeed. So long I am from way after your time I remember you sorta kinda though. Glad to see ya! Kool still runs the shop and PD still checks in regularly. RKK pops her head in every once in a while as does Garricks. But most everyone else from the before-time hasn't been around in a while...
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

It's been about 4 years for me. I moved into social & digital marketing and away from design for a while... I'm sort of back to designing again now. Mostly digital, very very very little print anymore. I gotta say, the community of designers we used to have would be very hard to recreate - it was pretty amazing!
      SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

Hey PanToshi! Nice to see you too, thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to see Kool & PD still at the helm!

I've been in touch with RKK & Garricks too -- basically it's all their fault.
        You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Agreed Satch, but here we are! That's awesome that you've transitioned your career -- I'm sure all that experience only helps in every aspect.

Comment

Hey there EC! Sure has been a long time!

Croatia? When you decide to get lost, you reeeeeaally do get lost.
            LOL.

Good to see you back.
            Had you let us know, we'd have at least cleaned out the fridge and swept the dust under the rug.

Comment

Hello EC, Glad to know that. I'm hoping to learn from here and from you. Thanks.

Comment

My ears were burning LOL

Comment

Ha! Nice to see you PrintDriver ! Well... after I left GDF, I discovered this other site called OKCupid and what happens there winds you up in Croatia! haha And no worries, I remember where the broom is... I'll get to work.

Comment

Hiya ShakibHasan -- what a nice thing to say, I look forward to it. Nice to meet you!

Comment

Haha Red Kittie Kat you know it girl. <3

Comment

Don't worry guys, I have located the "comment" button -- sorry for the spam. <N00B! />

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X