Hello from Buffalo, NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Buffalo, NY

Hey guys, my name is Danny Elkhoury, I'm a 24 year old college drop out, and I've been designing for almost 10 years now. My love for business & design began when I was working at a food company at age 15, where we produced meat filled turnover pastries. I realized there was much potential in that company so I proposed to the owner at the time an offer he didn't refuse; it was, Allow me to redesign the branding and sell to new customers, and in return, I get 50% equity of the new business. It was around that time I learned how to design logos and build sites, watching a hundred YouTube tutorials for Logo Design Pro, a $30 something vector design software and Wix.com. Needless to say, my original logo wasn't nice at all, and the site barely did its job, but it was better than what we had, and it worked. By the time I was almost 20, I had grown the business from $40K in annual revenue to $4 Million, and along the way, the designing and advertising was just getting better (and so was the software).

I sold that company in 2012 and started an all natural snack manufacturing company called Mazra. Along with my amazing team, we were able to grow Mazra to over 6,000 retailers, but were faced with many challenges in packaging that eventually forced me to close up shop last summer. It was definitely an amazing experience and I've been focusing solely on design work ever since.

I focus primarily on branding and website design, but I have rich experience in packaging and branded environment (interior design & operations flow). Still working on my website, but you can check out some of my work at deds.co. I look forward to connect with and meeting fellow designers!

Danny

Hi Danny and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X