Hi friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi friends

I'm Gwen, a 15 year old aspiring designer. I've never been opposed to talking to people years older than me, so long as they aren't opposed to talking to someone years younger than them! I have a sardonic sensibility, a dry sense of often deployed humor, and a bad habit of swearing. I got my start when I was too young for people to believe I was capable of video editing, and then as I got in to After Effects and the more designer-y side years later I discovered that I really did like that a lot better. It's been about five years since I made the shift, and I want to really start to unhinge that ability and come in to my own in a meaningful way before I finish high school. Currently I'm trying to boost traditional art skills so there's been a lot of kinda crappy charcoal drawings over the last few months of my life.

Don't get it wrong, though - I love to slink around and talk/joke about whatever. I wanted a forum where the dual avenues existed - one for the deep interest discussion about the mechanics and application of design, and then other areas where people post about Last Night's Episode of That TV Show.

Hi Gwen,

This forum used to be a lot like you just described -- designers talking shop and having fun killing a few minute every day. It was very active, but most of those forum members have stopped posting and moved on. It's still a worthwhile place, though.

One thing that's still true is that it's a mixture of people from 15-year-olds, like yourself, to those of us who have been working in the design business for a whole lot of years. There's an equal playing field here where none of that matters, which really sort of nice.

Comment

Hi Gwen and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
        Reply to Is Assymetrical strucutre MODERN??
        B
        Asymmetrical layouts are likely more common than they were a hundred years ago. Whether or not that qualifies asymmetry as looking modern is probably a matter of opinion. The letterhead layout you've...
        Today, 10:27 AM
      • B
        Reply to Font Identification - What font is this?
        B
        The typeface is Microgramma.
        Today, 10:05 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to What does this look like?
        PrintDriver
        That depends. Do you want your watermelon to have seeds or not? Or better, Does the purpose for which you are creating a slime dripping slice of watermelon require that it has seeds?

You...
        Today, 07:31 AM
      • Troep
        Reply to What does this look like?
        Troep
        Should I add some seeds??
        Today, 01:18 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Just Graduated... What Now?
        PrintDriver
        It isn't so much the fault of the schools. There is just so much out there these days beyond the realm of corporate identity work. Yeah it all revolves around ''The Sell'' somehow but it isn't all business...
        Today, 01:00 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X