Hi guys im new

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys im new

Hello friends, im new to this site, and also to the graphic world, i like to do graphic work before this i was doing other computer task like software web etc. but i gave up all these things to what i like, so this will be my introduction of my self.
    i have start to do some designing and learn some tricks from internet. and i did my best to do that, and i have joined many freelancing sites hoping to get attention, so far its 0, and i tried many contest in many crowdsource sites and moderated deleted or banned my account as my work is not unique or is generic designs, and so many times i thought to give up this work, yesterday also i thought about that, but today i thought i will not give up, i will learn from my mistakes and i will be good at it, hope you guys welcome me for this forum, coz i want you guys to see my work and guide me to the correct path.

thank you guys for your time for reading this, and i hope my English is understandable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRONaxal12-01.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	21208 Click image for larger version

Name:	Strong One Suppliment-01.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	21210Click image for larger version

Name:	songhurst-01-01.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	21209
    Attached Files

Not quite sure what to tell you.
    The profession of graphic design is not learned by watching tricks on Youtube or learning the software buttons. There is quite a bit of theory that goes into a good design. Schooling is highly recommended.

You show logos. Without context, it is very hard to evaluate if a logo is effective. All of these have elements that lose emphasis at the sizes posted as thumbnails here. Legibility, font issues, kerning, color, hierarchy... each of the presented pieces show one or more of these problems. And that's just the technical part. Whether or not they are effective at drawing in the target demographic market is entirely unknown.

Contest sites are not a very good way to make a living. How much potentially billable time did you spend for no cash result while participating in these contests? On the other hand, a person with no schooling credentials will have a hard time making a living in the professional market.

Comment

Hi Penguinruwan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        Not quite sure what to tell you.
        The profession of graphic design is not learned by watching tricks on Youtube or learning the software buttons. There is quite a bit of theory that goes into a good design. Schooling is highly recommended.

You show logos. Without context, it is very hard to evaluate if a logo is effective. All of these have elements that lose emphasis at the sizes posted as thumbnails here. Legibility, font issues, kerning, color, hierarchy... each of the presented pieces show one or more of these problems. And that's just the technical part. Whether or not they are effective at drawing in the target demographic market is entirely unknown.

Contest sites are not a very good way to make a living. How much potentially billable time did you spend for no cash result while participating in these contests? On the other hand, a person with no schooling credentials will have a hard time making a living in the professional market.

omg thanks a lot for the comment, yes i think you are right i need to learn a lot.
        thanks friend !

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
          Hi Penguinruwan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          hi boss thanks for the link

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
            Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
            Glitchin
            Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
            Today, 03:55 PM
          • Glitchin
            Comment on Logo Feedback
            Glitchin
            I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
            Today, 03:24 PM
          • Glitchin
            Reply to Critique Please?
            Glitchin
            This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
            Today, 02:58 PM
          • Glitchin
            Comment on Critique Please?
            Glitchin
            Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
            Today, 02:54 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Portfolio usage of work
            PrintDriver
            Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
            Today, 12:42 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X