Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Name is Mcbundin and I am Clueless and Have No Idea What To do! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Name is Mcbundin and I am Clueless and Have No Idea What To do! Help!

So I came across a few sites like Redbubble, Designsbyhumans, and things like that and thought I would open my own "store" on the sites. I have the business knowledge (graduated with a degree in Business Administration) but ZERO graphic design/professional drawing experience.

For those of you who have experience doing an online store like that, drawing, etc. where do I start? What digital drawing pad, programs, free classes, etc. do you recommend I look into to get started on getting into the business? I've done a few searches online for graphic design and the answers were pretty overwhelming. Let's start simple, and go step by step

Originally posted by Mcbundini View Post
    S I have the business knowledge (graduated with a degree in Business Administration) but ZERO graphic design/professional drawing experience.
    Serious question: What did you learn in school about starting a business with no knowledge or skills of the category?
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Hi McBundini and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbundini View Post
        ...and thought I would open my own "store" on the sites. I have ... ZERO graphic design/professional drawing experience.

What digital drawing pad, programs, free classes, etc. do you recommend I look into to get started on getting into the business?
        Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm interpreting your post as saying you want to open an online store that involves design and drawing but that you know little to nothing about either.

Is this really what you're saying? If so, I'll suggest that you might have better success applying your business skills to an endeavor that doesn't typically involve four years of college and thousand of hours of practice to master.

Comment

As far as I know, most creators use those sites to make a little bit extra, I think it's really rare to make a solid profit off of those sites. Also, usually they are creators FIRST and then later decide to open up a shop. If the goal is to make money and start a "business", this isn't really the way.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X