MY INTRODUCTIONS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY INTRODUCTIONS

Hey guys just call me Shadz, I am a Graphic Artist / Designer.
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 11-13-2017, 08:25 AM. Reason: Removed advertising wording

Hi Shadz10 and welcome to GDF.

I edited your post because we don't allow advertising on this forum. Plus, the bulk of forum members are designers, so there's no sense trying to sell your services to us. Also, as a new member, you can't get PMs yet.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

This begs the question:
      What, exaclty, is the difference between a Graphic Artist and a Graphic Designer?

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        This begs the question:
        What, exaclty, is the difference between a Graphic Artist and a Graphic Designer?
        Officially? I don't have a clue.

In my mental sorting drawer, a Graphic Artist would be someone who produces graphics, or "artwork," perhaps as a member of a Graphic Design team.

A Graphic Designer is someone who produces reactions via the design of strategic systems; identity systems, signage, campaigns, exhibits, visual experiences.

I'd hire a graphic artist to conceive and produce an auto-mechanic mascot guy for the cover of an auto parts catalog, and I'd hire a graphic designer to organize the products and information, devise hierarchy and visual cues, and design page layouts to the usability and appeal of the target audience.

But that's just me.
        I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

On a side note, Subway should have Sandwich Designers, and Perhaps Sandwich Directors. And maybe even some Sandwich UI/UX experts you know, just to mix it up.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Subway is one of the reasons I've pretty much given up on chain eateries.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
              Hi Shadz10 and welcome to GDF.

I edited your post because we don't allow advertising on this forum. Plus, the bulk of forum members are designers, so there's no sense trying to sell your services to us. Also, as a new member, you can't get PMs yet.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

I'm so sorry and thank you for welcoming me!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X