Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Can anyone help identifying this script typeface?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Eann and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:00 PM
  • Pat Angelo
    Reply to Laptop Bags
    Pat Angelo
    Yeah,go to shop and choose a suitable.
    Today, 01:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Yeah, it's too bad new designers don't know them.
    I had a couple sub-vendor printers go completely offline for two weeks in November due to a Christmas crush. They didn't take any new orders for...
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    You shouldn't be looking on google images... at least not without expecting to pursue permission to use the images. Google images is NOT a stock site, though some stock shows up in it.

There...
    Today, 01:01 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    PrintDriver
    Very strange. You want someone to tell you how to set up a site so YOU will benefit?
    The Graphic Design part sounds like it will be very important to the success of your site.
    How much money...
    Today, 12:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! It's a pleasure to join

I'm a full time Graphic Design student (my 50th birthday present to me) and it is a dream come true.

I love it all and I'm looking forward to learning by listening, and asking when I need to. I'm taking Photoshop and InDesign along with Photography, Design 1 and Drawing. My biggest challenge right now is my grey value scale(11) for Design 1 (I do love the guache my instructor required) My background is working with fabric, so I understand color. I'm going for perfect increments because training my eye to see it will be invaluable. I'm just not there yet...I'm enjoying the process...InDesign is online and that's a bit tricky. The program is brand new to me, and I know I'm spending hours on things that should be easier...Our book is Revealed, I use the Help a lot but I'd love a couple of reference library referrals to add to my stash. Thanks, and I'll try to be less verbose and more concise...

I'm just really glad to be here!
    Last edited by svd; 09-02-2006, 04:44 PM.

Welcome to the forum svd, and congratulations on being able to pursue your dream.

You'll find a lot of invaluable advice on here. Check the Adobe products section often, use the forum search for InDesign, and definitely check out this link: InDesign Secrets.

If you have iTunes, there are also some good podcasts on InDesign that you can check out, and the Adobe InDesign forum is also a good place to go for resources.

Good luck, and once again, welcome!
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

welcome svd, glad to have you here.
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Welcome!
        Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Welcome Aboard svc!!

Great to meet you!!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

*Karibu* GDF SVD.

*Welcome* in KiSwahili.

It's nice you still get to do what you've always wanted. I still hope to get a private pilot licence someday...and maybe own a small plane.
            Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
            - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

welcome aboard! I think you'll like it here - this is a great place to learn, as well as to get crazy with other designers from all over the world.
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Hi svd, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X