Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• AmitMan
    Reply to Seeking critiques
    AmitMan
    I quite like it, maybe play around with some more typefaces and see how you go. Maybe see how a classical typeface like optima, bodoni or perpetua look? Maybe thats the kind of look your after....
    Today, 10:31 AM
  • thatstheway
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    thatstheway
    I have some education in the designing field but I wouldnt consider myself a professional.
    I enjoy myself some well done design-visuals but I dont earn money with it.
    So I hope its still okay...
    Today, 07:45 AM
  • mguise
    While working on a logo for a client, he sent me logo designs from another designer
    mguise
    Please forgive me if this is a general situation which has been posted before but I’m at a loss as to how to handle this.

I have a client that requested that I design a logo for him....
    Today, 05:58 AM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to Really cool and really freaky at the same time.
    Red Kittie Kat
    That was pretty neat ... I thought they were paintings as well.
    Today, 04:35 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Flyer tutorial
    <b>
    Welcome to the forum Designerbuddy. The first few posts from every forum member are moderated to keep spam off the site, so if your posts don't show up immediately, there's no need to post again. A moderator...
    Today, 04:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Cookthink

Hello. My name is Chip. I am the co-founder of a cooking and recipe website (in development) called Cookthink. We're working with a small company to design the site. I just registered here at the GDF forum. Look forward to spending more time here. We've just posted on our blog the two final options for a logo. If anyone's interested, we're letting our readers vote in the comments section on which logo to go with. I'd love to get the opinions of some of you. Thanks for that and thanks for the welcome.

Have a good day.

Welcome Aboard Chip!!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Thanks Red Kittie Kat.

Comment

Welcome! I like #2 better, BTW, but I'm not really sure what the logo signifies...could you explain?

Comment

Thanks for the vote, cj2a. We hope that, in context, the mark will stand out more. We're developing a cooking and recipe website with search and navigation built around the idea of craving. We're working on incorporating all of the factors that go into a craving -- temp outside, mood, etc. -- into the site. The image of a person hovering in the fridge, arm atop the door, looking for something to cook seemed like a good way of getting at the idea of cravings.

Comment

Quick addendum: To what extent must a mark be immediately recognizable? That's the question we're playing around with here. A mark isn't always literal but if it's more literal than not, must it be an immediately recognizable image?

Comment

Welcome cookthink. I like your logos. It took my eyes a brief second to determine what they were but after that they were both eye pleasing.
              Maybe Andre was right. Image is everything.
              New Bern Designs

Comment

Thanks newbernsigns. I'm glad you like them. We've had some people suggest a lighter, brighter color to help distinguish fridge from person.

Comment

I like #1....the perspective of the feet I think are better!
                  N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                  http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                  -Charles Eames

Comment

Thanks (gra-ph!c-D'sig-nah). Much obliged.

Comment

Hello and welcome Chip!
                      I like #2 as well, but I had to read the comments to actually find out what it was, to be honest. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what was in front of the fridge.

Enjoy your time here and all the best!
                      The taco. It's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Thanks SnowAngel. You're not the only one.

Comment

Hi Chip, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks Kool. A very nice welcome from everyone.

Comment

*Karibu* Cookthink!

# 2. Although I think you need a little more colour contrast between the two elements of the illustration, perhaps darken the shade of colour on the person opening the refrigerator - a clever concept though.
                              Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                              - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X