X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Lurker

Hallo all. I've been lurking here (without registering, that is) for almost a year. So it is time for me to join the fray . . . er . . . "fun".

I'm K from NOVA (some people say Virginia, others say DC . . .). I graduated in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts. 2 years after that was spent hand-drawing signs for a grocery store, working in a design studio and helping a friend's family business layout a book. In 2006, I got a job in a teeny-tiny graphics group (as in, 3 people) for a fairly large gov't contractor. As much as the pay and learning possibilites are nice, the work here is feast or famine.

When not designing, I watch movies and the occasional anime, read/buy books, listen to industrial stompy music and try to find decent games for my SNES.

Welcome to GDF, gluhen. Thanks for de-lurking. I bet you'll find that it's much more fun to participate in the reindeer games than to watch from the sidelines.

Enjoy your stay!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Hey, gluhen! Welcome!

Comment

Hi! I'm new here myself, thought I'd stop and say hello!
        Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
        The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
        I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Welcome, so you lurked for a year and you still want to join, you got guts.
          How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

oh, almost forgot... when you get a few minutes have a look at the threads posted HERE
            - they cover just about everything you need to know about the place.

Comment

Nobody reads those things.
              How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

well they should, I don't write them for my health... and they are quite humorous and entertaining, if I do say so myself.

Hrmph.

Comment

What I've Learned From Lurking Over the Year:
                  1. Use a contract
                  2. Mac vs. PC? LOL
                  3. Indy vs. Quark? ROFL
                  4. Spec is bad
                  5. Use a PANCAKIN' contract
                  6. NO YELLING! (Oops)
                  7. Bold name = mod
                  8. identifont and whatthefont are your friends
                  9. Self-taught vs. schooled? See responses to #2 or #3.
                  10. Cupcakes.

Comment

LMAO. Excellent.

I figured that you had probably already seen most of that, having been here for a year... but I figured it didn't hurt to point you in that direction just in case.

Oh, you only missed one thing: pie > cake.

Otherwise, I think that's about it!

Comment

Will someone PLEASE think of the cake?!

I do enjoy a good pie as well. Baked goods will be the death of me.

Comment

Welcome! I'm cornfed!
                        You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by gluhen
                          Will someone PLEASE think of the cake?!

I do enjoy a good pie as well. Baked goods will be the death of me.
                          Word. Cake > Pie.

In fact, here's the deal... Cake + Ice Cream = Even better.

Welcome to Crazytown! errr... the forum. Yeah, that's it.
                          Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Warm cake for the win!

Comment

Welcome gluhen, I'm a NOVA person too.
                              WYSIWYG

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X