Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Milwaukee

Greetings one and all. My name is Everardo, and I'm an airbrush artist (motorcycles, helmets, etc.) from Milwaukee, but I also take on graphic design projects from time to time. Mostly business card and t-shirt designs. I think this site is great and I especially appreciate the brutal honesty of the membership when it comes to comments and critique. I've already learned alot just browsing the different posts. I'm not gonna knock any of the airbrush boards in particular, but more often than not even mediocre work wins the praises of the members on those boards. This makes it a little intimidating to post, especially considering that I have no formal training in graphic design. I've been teaching myself (through books, magazines, online tutorials, etc) photoshop since version 6, and Illustrator since CS2. I've used corel since my days as a newspaper editor in college way back in the early nineties. Art aside, I enjoy spending time with family, going on motorcycle rides, playing pool, hunting, fishing and watching movies. Well, that's me in a nutshell. Ciao!

I think we'd all love to see some of your airbrush work. Do you have any you can share? And you're welcome.
    Less be more.

Comment

I should've included a link to my website. Here it is. I'm still working on the galleries. I used Photoshop's automated gallery feature to create the tables and then manually changed all the thumbnail links that lead to seprate html pages and directed them instead to the images themselves. It makes for better navigation and less clutter.It's taking me while to get to them all. I created the site in dreamweaver 4. Which I'm still using and trying to learn after all these years. I've had it since '00 I think.

Garcia Custom Airbrush

Comment

I just realized you are from Rochester. I have friends in Austin.

Comment

Hey Milwaukee! There's a few more on here from SE WI, welcome to the forum, hope ya stick around-
          www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Very cool stuff. Airbrush always looks awesome. I don't remember ever seeing bad airbrushing.
            Less be more.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. JM, I hit the link to your website but it's not working. I'll have to check it out later.

Comment

Wow, Mynock was nice in an intro thread... you must be pretty good GCA?!

Welcome!
                SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

^...I guess I'm just luicky today. Checked out your site JM. It's cool. Your portraits of Milwaukee are inspiring.

Comment

Welcome aboard, gca!

blog/portfolio

Comment

Welcome to the board gca.
                      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel
                        Wow, Mynock was nice in an intro thread... you must be pretty good GCA?!

Welcome!
                        I had that coming. I deserve that. I normally don't read them and when I do I normally am being sarcastic to the ones I do pop into.
                        Less be more.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Everardo! What a cool name? Where does it come from?

I've always wanted to have a play with an airbrush but was too discouraged by the amazing airbrush art that I could never live up to.
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hi Everardo, welcome to the forum.

When you have a few moments, do take a look over the threads posted here; they explain just about everything you need to know about the place.
                              Enjoy your stay.
                              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X