Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HD photos
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF joaof9352

If you're starting with a low res image, using Photoshop will not make that low quality image into a high quality one.

We ask all new members to read...
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Want to learn how to do this effect...
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF aquintero

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • dbDESIGN
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    dbDESIGN
    @PanToshi: Done and thanks!

@CataclysmX: Thanks for the tip! When I look at it now, the date does feel to go out of the view somehow, its not something the observator sees at the first glance...
    Today, 10:23 AM
  • joaof9352
    HD photos
    joaof9352
    Hey I'm new at design and photoshop, and i have a question : How to make an image with better quality in photoshop ? Thank you
    Today, 09:09 AM
  • aquintero
    Want to learn how to do this effect...
    aquintero
    I want to learn how to do this font effect. Quick learner, and looking to do this effect with the word "OREGON". Appreciate any guidance....
    Today, 07:01 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

Thought I should introduce myself since I have already posted a few times and haven't posted who I am.
    I am the Senior Prepress Technician for a medium sized Commercial Printer. I have been working in the industry for close to 20 years now. I have done everything from Production Art in a Premedia House to Stripping/Camera/Pasteup for a Magazine Publisher way back in the old days. I hope to help out and maybe learn a few things too!

Hi RePrint, nice to have you on board. Prepress folks are always welcome here.

When you have a few moments, please take a look over the threads posted here; they explain just about everything you need to know about the place.

If you're not familiar with vBulletin forums, there are some great tips posted here.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Thanks,
      I checked a lot of the forum out when I first started lurking around. It seems you have a well run forum and a good community.

Comment

we like to think so!

Now that you've been initiated, the hazing will probably begin. I'll fill you in on a little secret though - most of the folks around here can be distracted by shiny things.

Comment

Ooooh shiny object! I love those. I have access to good wine, maybe a few bribes in the right place will take care of things.

Comment

RePrint, welcome to GDF!

Comment

Thanks Ben, soon I'll come up with a shiny new avatar (notice the use of the word "shiny", it's distracting )

Comment

Welcome!

I'm a the senior prepress bitch at my company. It is a bit of a worry actually...
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Shiny Thing ^^^

Welcome Aboard RePrint

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Welcome RePrint, as a prepress guy I can truly say I love reprints (no changes) No fuss no Muss. Reruns can be scary, however.
                    WYSIWYG

Comment

HELLOOOooooooo!!!
                      Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Jimking, do you call a reprint when you print the job againg because the client has run out? And rerun is because the client rejected the job?

I get confused with it but one time a client ordered another set of letterheads right after we had already printed their letterheads. I told our production manager that we were reprinting the letterheads and he almost had a mental breakdown. Apparently I said a bad word.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

we always called it a "rerun" if it was refused by the client, and an "exact repeat" if it was a reorder with no changes.

Unfortunately, we used the term "reprint" for both, so it picked up negative connotations along the way.

Comment

Welcome.

*oooh, look at the shiney floor that Kittie's ant is sitting on!*
                            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                              Jimking, do you call a reprint when you print the job againg because the client has run out? And rerun is because the client rejected the job?

I get confused with it but one time a client ordered another set of letterheads right after we had already printed their letterheads. I told our production manager that we were reprinting the letterheads and he almost had a mental breakdown. Apparently I said a bad word.
                              Generaly that's the case but not always. A reprint is usually just that "a exact reprint" or a "reprint with changes". A rerun is usually a job that was just printed and needs to be rerun because of a customer error or printer's error.
                              Your manager freaked thinking that you were going to reprint the error.
                              WYSIWYG

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X