Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Saint-Michel
    Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Hi everybody,

I want to print business cards with my Xerox ColorQube 8570DN, but I am having a hard time finding legal size cardstock that is thick enough. The thickest Avery precut cardstock...
    Yesterday, 11:21 PM
  • lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font...
    lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font - The L is the problem

Ok so Montague Script is the font except the F thats Hiatus both by the same designer Stephen Rapp

Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • it52
    Reply to Logo Design for upscale eyeglass store
    it52
    Thanks for clarifying.

I guess for me I've done logotypes before so a part of me wanted to do something different for myself but I realize I was too focused on one idea and not letting it...
    Yesterday, 10:51 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    What sorts of things can be associated with eye care? Actual things, like eye charts and tears? More abstract things, like clarity and focus? Or maybe even concepts like beauty and style? There are lots...
    Yesterday, 09:42 PM
  • it52
    it52
    I have noticed other logos used an eye but I thought the way I used the P and S made it stand out among it's competition. I chose avant garde because I thought it wouldn't look dated. I'm curious why...
    Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Aotearoa/New Zealand

Hi Everyone

Time to introduce myself!

Amongst other things I'm Mynx. I used to be a scientist but have decided now that if/when I grow up (I hope I never do) I want to be a graphic designer. I can't believe it took me so long to figure this out - really I've been an almost graphic designer for years! In primary school my teacher used to give me time off lessons to draw assignments for projects he was working on And a large portion of my success as a scientist was my communication skills (including visual - posters, powerpoint presentations etc).

So I'm off back to school next week to do a diploma in Digital Graphic Design. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and hopefully getting some useful feedback on some of my projects I already understand the dangers of working in isolation!

Toodly-pip!

Mynx

Welcome Mynx!

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Mynx.

When you have a few moments, please take a look over the threads posted here; they explain just about everything you need to know about the place.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Hiya Mynx

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Ooo, nice sparkly Kittie! Looks like a real hologram! I love holograms.

Welcome aboard Mynx!!

blog/portfolio

Comment

Kia ora fellow kiwi. Where abouts in NZ are you?
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Kia ora! Paraparaumu on the lovely sunny (not today!) Kapiti Coast! Are you in Auck? I guess most of the rest of the world is asleep now eh? Nice to meet you

Comment

More people form the future? Oh my.
                Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mynx View Post
                  I guess most of the rest of the world is asleep now eh?
                  Maybe some of the lands west of you and east of us like Europe, Africa and the middle east. In the US it's afternoon on Election Day and it's quite the presidential race. Many in these parts won't be going to sleep anytime soon.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Mynx, welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Thank you lovely people!

Especially for the sparkly bits

So nice to have so many of you awake - I have lots of friends in the UK so they're usually zzzzzzing when I'm awake.

I didn't REALLY forget about the US, and the huge day you're having there! Just be sure to let me know when it's 5pm your time so I can have a gin - it's always 5pm somewhere in the world, right?

Arohanui,
                      Mynx

Comment

My time: 22 minutes ago. Your gin is late!

blog/portfolio

Comment

Yup, I'm in Auckland. All I know about Kapiti is that you guys make good cheese!

Mmmmm....cheese....so hungry. I wish lunch time would roll around faster.
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Woohoo! I love the world and all its glorious time zones Cheers!

Comment

hehe @ sparkly bits

A lot of my friends are in the UK and on the west coast of Canada so I know the feeling

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X