X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - seems so generic for these intro thread titles

I'm Brooke, a designer from the Chicagoland area. I have over 10 years experience in design but still feel I have a lot to learn. Started in Photoshop, then learned Quark and a bit of Illustrator. At this point, I work daily in web and print design including everything from newsletter template creations, content management systems, photo editing, layout for brochures, catalogs, flyers, invitations, save-the-dates, etc. I love print layout the most and am working on getting to do that more.

This past July I was fortunate enough to start r3 multimedia group with my brother, cousin and father. We are a creative image boutique with me as the head designer, my cousin as the head photographer, my brother as the social media expert and my father as the most important person - the investor. LOL I've taken on the role of leader in the business and it's a hard role to maintain.

I'm also a mom of two boys (8 & 5), own a website for moms and am involved in a handful of councils/groups for women in business and for the kids schools. In other words, I barely have a free moment.

I've been a member of a photoshop group for awhile but rarely work in Photoshop anymore. Thus, GDF seems like a perfect fit. I'm constantly looking to further educate myself on typography, prepress and good design.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM.

Oops, sorry about the link earlier. I hadn't read all the rules yet. Won't happen again

Comment

Welcome to GDF, brookemegg. It's a little slow here on weekends, but should be back into full swing by Monday.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X