Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PrintDriver
    Your client needs to get you the dimensions of the door. Without that, one can only guess.
    In Illustrator use whatever units you want. I use inches. Too much math otherwise.
    Today, 02:00 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PrintDriver
    B, we pay illustrators to create maps for projects and end up paying them a royalty based fee. The number of copies are limited by contract and they are free to license the map art for others. I don't...
    Today, 01:57 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF cdgc

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 01:11 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF wikster

Your image is not showing up. What works best for me is to upload an image to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then use the IMG tag/link and paste that directly...
    Today, 01:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to be a professional Graphic Designer?

I am new to this profession and trying to learn new fetures of graphics designing everyday. Help me by any advice you have

New as in just out of school, or new as in just got a copy of Photoshop...?

Comment

With all it's fetures.

I guess I'm a bit confused. The OP says he's new to the profession. Well, there you go.

That's the wonderful thing about graphic designing. You want to learn how to be a professional graphic designer? Just say, "I'm a professional graphic designer". You'd be amazed at how well that works for so many... people.

Comment

The difference between an amateur and professional designer is in their creative use of lens flares.

Remember that and you'll be fine.

Comment

I want to be a professional billionaire. Wish it was as easy...

Comment

It is.
            Buy a lottery ticket.
            And win.
            Often.

Comment

How to be a professional Graphic Designer

1) Get paid for Graphic Design work.
              1a) Use a 24-hour cookie.
              2) ???
              3) Profit!

Comment

Originally posted by Meffy View Post
                How to be a professional Graphic Designer

1) Get paid for Graphic Design work.
                1a) Use a 24-hour cookie.
                2) ???
                3) Profit!
                I heard there were cookies in this thread.

It's hard to give you advice on a profession without knowing how much you know already. Even if we did, we wouldn't be a substitute for real life education or experience.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

My impression is that the OP is either more involved in SEO / backlink-spawning than graphic design, or is already working as a logo designer. Not sure which. Both maybe.

Comment

Is that a crystal ball or Google?
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

... Yes. O_:-}

Comment

I believe "Crystal Ball" and "Google" are synonyms, right?

Comment

Most of professional graphic designer is a male gender, because of they hve a brilliant brain that has to loved imagine and came out a creative idea from the imaginations... so, My question is.. hows people like me (ladies) want to hve a creative ideas like u guys?? I am a g.designer almost 4years, but i still felt im a junior in design, and still need to learn alots of designs. and I knew it, I cant be a Professional Graphic designer till the end of mylife..

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Zila View Post
                            Most of professional graphic designer is a male gender, because of they hve a brilliant brain that has to loved imagine and came out a creative idea from the imaginations...
                            Hi Ms Zila and welcome to GDF!

I don't know where you heard that, but it's false. Males and females have the same brilliant brains.

We ask that all new members take a few minutes to read through important threads here and here. These will explain our rules, answer frequently asked questions and explain some of the long running jokes you'll run into.

Enjoy your stay.
                            Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Zila View Post
                              Most of professional graphic designer is a male gender, because of they hve a brilliant brain that has to loved imagine and came out a creative idea from the imaginations... so, My question is.. hows people like me (ladies) want to hve a creative ideas like u guys?? I am a g.designer almost 4years, but i still felt im a junior in design, and still need to learn alots of designs. and I knew it, I cant be a Professional Graphic designer till the end of mylife..
                              Most professional designers I know are women...

http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X