Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, when I was working in a shipping department a number of years back they decided that they wanted to give us cutesy little cards to put in the packages we shipped out as a way of bringing personal acountability into our department...

they had little fun phrases made up for each of us and I said "no, that's dumb, i'll make up my own" knowing I was going to do something even dumber... so When I submitted to the company's copywriter it said "This package was shipped to you by a RockStar, Colonel Brent"

So now I use colonel for a lot of my online stuff and actually a friend of mine actually calls me colonel.
    You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

• Screaming Trees is a band that lived in the shadow of the seattle blah 90s thing.

On another forum it was already taken, so I added a 100...then made it 1oo to emphasize a seperation between the two without a space!
      design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Comment

• Originally posted by 1ooScreamingTrees
        Screaming Trees is a band that lived in the shadow of the seattle blah 90s thing.

On another forum it was already taken, so I added a 100...then made it 1oo to emphasize a seperation between the two without a space!
        i actually know who they are..like the band...even if they were a blah 90's band...

Epectasis...well, that'd be the name of my company.

Epectasis is ancient greek for: "Creative activity".

Fits the bill i find

It used to actually be: Caelestis Epectasis. In this case, Caelestis is Latin for "heavenly, celestial...or even God" lol. Since i found that to be slightly too tacky, i ditched it...but it does have a nice ring to it though...Even though i know people would not bother pronouncing it properly and it might be too much of a linguistic leap...

As for the avatar...well you'd have to dig up some news on the board about this guy who walked around from house to house telling people they might have ticks and they had to get naked to get cleaned...pretty clever fellow
        lurkin'

Comment

Screaming Trees is a band that lived in the shadow of the seattle blah 90s thing.

I like them too. Did you ever listen to the side project some of the band members were in with layne staley (Alice in Chains) & Mike McReady (Pearl Jam) called Mad Season? that was some good stuff
          You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

• Mad Season was pretty cool - I like pearl jam and aic a lot too...don't like Mad Season as much. The only supegroups I listen to on a regular basis are CSN&Y and Oysterhead.

Love soundgarden and rage - hate audioslave.

Love STP and can tolerate Guns'n'Roses, absolute loathe velvet revolver.

Mad season is definitely the best 'supergroup' to come out of that era.

I keep forgetting to listen to Unified Theory, the blind melon / pearl jam mesh.
            Last edited by 1ooScreamingTrees; 06-27-2006, 06:56 PM.
            design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Comment

Mad Season was pretty cool - I like pearl jam and aic a lot too...don't like Mad Season as much. The only supegroups I listen to on a regular basis are CSN&Y and Oysterhead.

Love soundgarden and rage - hate audioslave.

Love STP and can tolerate Guns'n'Roses, absolute loathe velvet revolver.

Mad season is definitely the best 'supergroup' to come out of that era.

I keep forgetting to listen to Unified Theory, the blind melon / pearl jam mesh.
              I agree on the audioslave comment, I haven't even listened to Velvet Revolver but I do love STP & AIC (more so for Jerry Cantrell than Layne)

What about Temple of the Dog (Pearl Jam/Soundgarden though I think that's when Pearl Jam was known as Mookie Blaylock)

Comment

• I am Red Kittie Kat all over the net and when I joined some different forums I wanted something a little different .... I am Red Kittie Kat due to my hair color .... so thinking of a different nic I went with Crimson Blonde..... sounded more exciting than strawberry blonde...... but then I missed being called Kittie so I switched all my Crimson Blondes to Crimson Kittie. Then I got bored with them and went back to Red Kittie Kat. And now you know the rest of the story.

So whether you see me as Red Kittie Kat, Crimson Blonde or Crimson Kittie ... they are all me

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Well most of my name is pretty self explanitory but the numbers actually refer to an important date for me. The day i met my gf. Pretty simple.

yea yea im boring i know.
                  "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
                  [I]

Comment

• awwwwwwww!
                    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

• I love Chocolate, so my hubby suggested using Ovaltine as my alias because I drink it every morning instead of coffee for breakfast. Plus, I like the way the word sounds.
                      www.QuiteGraphic.com
                      I'll double check your spelling if you'll double check mine. Two heads are better than one.

Comment

• Vould Herr Doctor perhaps care for a brandy before bed?

No.

Ovaltine?
                        In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

• ^^If anyone get's that reference I'll be impressed
                          In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

• From Young Frankenstien I believe

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• A drowing starts with a dot & it is filled with dots

This was my very first lesson in art when i was 6 years old, it did not sound interesting then till my first subject in Graphic Design school 14 years later, then i thought its an interesting fact.

simple hah!
                              I know there is always a way out, if i keep thinking

Comment

• lol some of these are cool mine is not really but here goes

we used to a teacher at school Mr clarke in corpus christe b/head he would always play this trick on you he would grab you by the elbow joint and squeez it gave you an electric jolt anyways he called me mort (som tv prog or summat) then i got a hi score at the space arcade 11k so my mates would "mort 11 thou" :P then i wanted to pick a good germanish name for hidden and dangerous so i picked panzer+mort = tank of death then coming on this site i shortened it to panzer

not brill but
                                When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
                                But in my dreams, I slew the dragon

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X