• Time
  • Show
Clear All

first name last initial

why complicate things?
    Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
    Through the Looking Glass

Comment

My name is Ben. When I worked at Super America during high school I made my name tag say Neb. There was actually a customer who thought it was my real name. After that my friends started to call me Neb. One of whom would always yell out "BIG BALLER NEBALLER!"

Comment

Mine is very complicated to explain. My name is really Keith and I choose keith as my alias since it was my name. Uncreative you say? I say genius. Everyone would think is just my alias when it is really my real name. Clever huh? Well where did the number 1 come in? This is where it gets very clever, it just happened by itself. I did not add a "1", the forum automatically added a "1" so there must have been a keith0 or plain keith. Strange isn't it? (twillight zone music starts up)

Comment

I'm really tall. In high school I played basketball. I was much taller than the other kids. The coach nick-named me Lonepine because I stood out so much among the other players in the middle of the b-ball court.

Comment

*scritch scritch* <Homer Simpson> I.....don't.....know...!</Homer>

Comment

Originally posted by morea
              my GDF name is the Quenya translation of my actual name. Quenya is the language of the elves in Lord of the Rings.

Stop laughing. It's not like I went out and learned Klingon.
              that's funny, in high school I actually learned how to write notes in elven and dwarven script from the hobbit and LOTR. I don't think I can do it anymore, tho...

Anyways, Dane is my first name. Dawg was my nickname in high school. 99 is the year i gradumated said school.
              Last edited by morea; 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM.
              Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
              click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

Everyone thinks (I think) that my name is D-Zine (pronounced design) BUT in fact, its not. It's D-Zine, pronounced as D-zeen.

I chose that name because at the time of signing on to GDF I was working through thoughts of starting a small child-parent publication / magazine. So I took design + magazine and made D-Zine I still have thoughts of doing the magazine, one day.

but anyways...that's how I got my name
                I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

^ ironically, due to our ESP, I always read her name D-ZEEN.
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Hahha!!
                    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Neuro's name is also the Quenya equivalent of his real name.

He had started off using our business name, but when he ran a google search to find out where our business was coming up, he found some less-than-positive rants that he didn't want to have associated with our business, and quickly changed it.

Comment

I always thought it was D-zeen too.
                        ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Welp, my screen names are usually No_Mans_Stang (double meaning, I had souped up mustangs all of my life and guys would always pull up at red lights and ask me "is that your man's/bf's stang & cause I am no man's stang.lol) or SOM_of_a_Beach (cause my Transam WS6 is sunset orange metallic in color, which is a rare color and I live in miami where people talk with a thcik hispanic accent.)

So any ways, obvisouly I didnt think those would work here so, I chose VisulaizeDesign. Its the name I gave my corporation/email/domains, etcI really liked Image by Design, kinda like I create your company's whole image (full scale marketing, some p.r. and design stuff as well) and then design it. But the web site was taken so, I just picked VisualizeDesign cause my accountant was hounding me for a name. Cause I like to take time and sit their to visualize what ever i am doing before I do it.

I also think its kinda wrong but funny that the initials are VD.
                          Controversial - Contagious - Contemporary
                          Infect your audience today.

Comment

My 6-year-old little brother has a speech impediment--he had a tongue tie which prevented him from pronouncing syllables correctly (he goes to speech therapy now for help). He couldn't pronounce my full name, Michelle, so he'd just call me "shelle" or "b'shelle". Add "belle" to make it rhyme and there you go. It's become my nickname at my mom's house. It's pronounced "shell-bell."

Incidentally, my dog's name is Belle. But we usually call her Belzebub.

And I read D-Zine as "Dee-Zeen." Weird.
                            Last edited by shellebelle; 06-16-2005, 01:37 PM.
                            I will grow old but I will never grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by VisualizeDesign
                              I also think its kinda wrong but funny that the initials are VD.
                              Controversial - Contagious - Contemporary
                              Infect your audience today.
                              hell, way to spin it though!

Comment

Thanks I came up with lit yeterday while posting in the lounge.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X