Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was going to use the Quenya translation of my actual name, but it was taken by Morea. So I chose Milwaukee Designer
    "Milwaukee" originally an Algonquin term meaning "the good land." and
    "Designer" my profession - how clever am i?
    I later shortened it to MD because I could.

A few months back I had just donned a pirate avatar and was going to temporally change my nickname to a stupid pirate nickname - I clicked submit but the server was down because of the forum changeover. If I had been a few seconds faster my nickname would have permanently been "Booty Bandit"
    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

LOL - yipes! That would have been an "interesting" name to be stuck with!
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

nick name given to me by my dad when i was a youngster...i just changed the "I" to "Y".

that's it! plus my character is very similar to a tiger. So it stuck.

Comment

I guess , i don't have to explain mine nickname
          Judge Me All You Want, But Keep The Verdict To Yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian girl
            I guess , i don't have to explain mine nickname
            I know you got your name because you're a girl that's from Holland, right?

Comment

There are some great stories, lol @ Broacher. Klingon indeed!
              I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
                There are some great stories, lol @ Broacher. Klingon indeed!
                I do an awesome Worf impression. "Alexander, we are Klingon, we do not behave in such ways"

Comment

i have no idea what you're talking about, all i know is that klingons are some weird aliens from star trek.

i just thought it was amusing because broacher was joking around about using that elf language for a name. No offense to morea and neuro of course.

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
                    i have no idea what you're talking about, all i know is that klingons are some weird aliens from star trek.

i just thought it was amusing because broacher was joking around about using that elf language for a name. No offense to morea and neuro of course.

Well, it's a damn shame you don't know who Worf is, you're missing out Congrats on your 100th post, I celebrated mine by changing the slogan under my avatar.

Comment

cheers, i'm in the process of googling WORF. i might change my slogan as well.

Comment

Okay, the weirder truth is in my actual name heritage. My mother's maiden name was 'Comar' which is Ukrainian for 'mosquitoe'. Hence, I am what you get when you cross a roach with a mosquitoe: a super pest that sucks your blood (until you turn on the light that is).

Comment

that worf guy is ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                            Okay, the weirder truth is in my actual name heritage. My mother's maiden name was 'Comar' which is Ukrainian for 'mosquitoe'. Hence, I am what you get when you cross a roach with a mosquitoe: a super pest that sucks your blood (until you turn on the light that is).
                            lol. you're a crackup

Comment

Hey...I work in Windows...

anyone else who does is familiar with that particular keyboard shortcut.

Comment

hey, what's wrong with using an elven language for a nickname? It's much easier for folks to spell and remember than my regular name. Shorter too. And don't it look purty in elven script?
                                Attached Files
                                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X