Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vectoranvil
    Reply to Seeking critique for some of my artworks
    vectoranvil
    Thank you.

Elmore: I agree about the draftmanship, the more I go outside tracing a photo 1:1 the more it shows. Will work on the hands.
    PanToshi: Perhaps I should go to some other...
    Today, 04:05 AM
  • B
    B
    I like them. You're better at these sorts of illustrations that I've ever been.
    Today, 02:57 AM
  • Elmore
    Elmore
    Very impressive. However, when I look closely,
    1st post - Undina
    3 - (Hearing) Color
    reveal some weak draftsmanship, particularly in the hands....
    Today, 02:49 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to LOGO FEEDBACK
    Kayekaye
    Yes the two words did turn out nice, aside from the l and s not touching and the F not being entirely readable at first glance. The rest of it has a lot of concerns....
    Today, 01:48 AM
  • PanToshi
    PanToshi
    Neat stuff, but not graphic design per se, more digital art which is more subjective and thus hard to critique. I like your line work pieces much more than the vector polygon one - the Japanese-esque...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the name of a song/tune from a band called Disasterpeace. It's not my favorite song or anything. I also like the idea of some wolfguy dancing his butt off in a 70's club with lasers and discoballs. Or some badass wolf with a baseballbat being some kind of anti-hero....

Comment

• It's my nickname, so I thought no one else would have it, so I used it.

Comment

• My username comes from a long career in tattooing. Even though I'm in university for graphic design now and plan to stop tattooing completely soon, I still use this name for a lot of things.

Comment

• Mine's probably painfully straight forward but it's pretty true of who I am as a creative... Graduated last year with a "print-based' BFA and have since begun to teach myself more web design and visual design — now about to start a new role as UX Production Designer so I felt the adoption of "print and pixel" to be appropriate, describing where I came from and where I intend to be

Comment

• Hello printandpixel, welcome to GDF

We ask all new members to read
            very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Design is not decoration.

Comment

• Mine is kinda goofy. When I was in 8th grade, I signed up for an account on Pogo because I wanted to play Bubble Pop. I only planned on using it for a little while to try the game out so I took a suggested name. bubby17346 was one that they suggested. Also, it kind of fits because my mom has called me Bub/Bubby/Bubba most of my life. The numbers are just random ones generated by Pogo.

Comment

• So, mine is another gamer story.

Back in the day when I made my first WOW character in The Burning Crusade, I wanted to name my char Mjollnir, but I had absolutely no idea how to write it, I was young and stupid and didnt google it, and ended up writing it "Mojnir".

Long story short, I was a pretty known super nerd and no lifer in my guild and server, people had no idea how to pronounce my name so they start calling me "Mosh" "Moj" "Mojsi", then evolved into "Moxi" and finally to "Moshi". Since I have japanese etnicity, my sister thought this "Moshi" to be very fitting as a nickname for me, so started to call me "MoshiMoshi" or "Momo" (peach in japanese).

In real life, most friends and family call me Moshi or momo still.
                I think this also summarizes why my avatar is a perfect graphic representation of me.

ps.- I dont play WOW anymore though.
                Last edited by Momoshy; 06-12-2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• The "mo" in mocsay is from my nickname momo which i made up long ago while making a character on def jam fight for new york on gamecube called "lil momo". The Csay part is simly my last name (sesay; pronounced See Say). I am known as Momo, Csay, and Momo Csay. Hehe

Comment

• jnryjd is my business name without the vowels. January Jade. My daughters name is Jade and she was born in January :-)
                    I started using jnryjd after some clever dude managed to steal my domain name from me and tried to sell it back to me for a ridiculous price so I said "Get fct!" and started a new domain - jnryjd.com... now we wait ;-)

Comment

• For 23 years, my beloved grandmother never spelled my name correctly. I understood when teachers, class mates and eventually co-workers would misspell my name but never understood how she managed to find new ways to misspell it. Kelli Kellie Kellee Kelley Kelliegh Kel Lee I've had to spell my name for so many over the years that people started referring to me as Kelly with a y.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X