Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    PrintDriver
    It looks static and boring. That was my impression before scrolling down to see the original. And it's highly unlikely you drew the figure, since I'm seeing it all over google images. So, that leaves...
    Today, 10:01 PM
  • Sm1leKip
    Starting my graphic design career
    Sm1leKip
    Hello everyone!
    As you may have noticed I'm new here, so I just want to say that it is really great to be part of this amazing forum! But let's get to the point. I'm 13-years old boy and I'm really...
    Today, 08:25 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    There are motion controls with alot of action, but I don't think that should change anything. His pose and the weapon he's holding shows it's an action game, right? And yeah, the original does look more...
    Today, 05:53 PM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    It's a Wii game. Are you just supposed to stand still when you play it or is it an "action" game?
    Your cover is a static pose. Compare it to the original. Which is more "exciting...
    Today, 05:42 PM
  • graphic91
    What do you think of my video game cover art?
    graphic91
    I made my own version of the cover art for the video game No More Heroes. It's not intended to be better or worse than the original artwork, but it might be helpful if you guys let me know if you find...
    Today, 02:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I chose mine because I'm a jaded guy named Thomas. The more I
    see the more I seem to doubt. Sad really...

Comment

• you're in good company here, thomas.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyare
        Mine's pronounced "Kay are ee" and if you do a Google search, it's the only one on the planet. .

mine is pronounced "toooooo gunnnnnnn" unlike you there are two of me on the planet although i have heard you have them in the US, so there maybe more, i would like to meet them oneday.
        Me, drunk? i have only had tee martoonies!

Comment

• I created my username simply because I'm 5'10". And how I've had some many comments about my height. And "Val" is my nickname. And "80" is the year of my birth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChromeZephyr
            Chrome: I like cyberpunk, and play Shadowrun.

Zephyr: I just like the word.

Plus it's unlikely someone will already have it when I try to log onto something new.
            um, ow!
            Last edited by EC; 06-10-2006, 07:51 AM.
            You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

• Originally posted by morea
              my GDF name is the Quenya translation of my actual name.

There is a place in LOTR called moria (more-ee-uh), which is similar, but means (roughly)"dark place".

The Mines of Moria!!! very dark indeed! How I loved reading that part. I'm a huge LOTR fan. (dont know quenya, though maybe you can teach me?)

Read the triology + the Hobbit and Silmarilion. I must say the Silmarilion rivals my love for The Fellowship (my favorite of the books) Such epic stories, its like the genesis for Middle Earth. Awesome stuff!
              "To be is to do" --Socrates.
              "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
              "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

• it took me about two years to teach myself Quenya... but a good start is the downloadable course from this website:

http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/

it's quite dry, but explains just about everything you could need to know about the language!
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

• I might've posted here before, but we'll pretend I didn't.

"JaCkinbOx" is a shortened version of jack-in-the-box. It's based off a character I designed many years ago that I've grown attached to. The "C" and the "O" are capitalized for style and balance; no other reason. The character today simply goes by JaCk, but my online alias remains the original.

That's the gist of its history.
                  Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

• What can I say? I'm an Aardman Animation and Nick Park fan. Gromit, the brighter of the the Wallace & Gromit duo.
                    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                    LinkedIn

Comment

• My story isn't humorous. So, just replace every 8th word with "poop" and it may actually seem entertaining.

I finished off a 6 year enlistment in the Army and came home to discover that all of my old friends were doing a lot of online gaming. It had gotten to the point that they went by their gaming nicknames when they hung out. They convinced me to come up with one.

I was in tactical communications in the military, and the term "Echo Six" stood for having six bars of signal strength on our line-of-site encrypted network. We would reply to the opposite end that we had an "echo six" after we finished setting up. So that phrase basically meant everything was good to go, and we could move onto to pulling shifts and playing cards.

I just changed the echo to eko and have been using it for all of my usernames. I've even played around with using it to identify my free-lance work (if I ever have to time).

So...yeah the poop thing was a good suggestion.

Comment

• Ecsyle is my gang name.

Comment

• Hey come back here with those tacos!
                          How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

• hmm. maybe...

Comment

• balou is a play on my real world name. Plus I liked that bear in Jungle Book. Plus I liked I Love Lucy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Logo-Mechanix
                                Hey come back here with those tacos!
                                Fine, tacos in reverse.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X