Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• imonkey89
    Comment on Landscape Photography Blog - Logo
    imonkey89
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, Pavlo!

I would obviously prefer that the logo had something to do with photography, but I'm quite against the cliche 'aperture blades' 'crop marks'...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • Akasha
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    Akasha
    Here are a couple more:

Yesterday, 11:38 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to doubt in designing a logo for web and print
    Buda
    As the others have already said, DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP FOR LOGOS!!!!

Now that is out of the way, you have a few options. Learn to use Illustrator, or combine forces with a graphic designer...
    Yesterday, 10:03 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Buda
    I think it's lacking in punctuation....unless you are going for that broken English look?

My advice is to show only 1 sentence per grouping. That way you don't have to worry about punctuation...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Buda
    What is the average salary in India?

Salaries vary so much and depend on: location, skill level, demand, company. A print designer in one state is can be paid a different salary to another...
    Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondays are about as much fun as Mondays

Arghh, this weekend was a waste. The party I went to wound up being a college student drunkfest (which usually means underage high school girls show up...I feel like Ryan Reynold's character from "Waiting") and I didn't get any work done because I can't think of ANYTHING more to put in my 'folio and I decided to watch the Bears suck AGAIN (I've played better d-back coverage in High School) instead of them winning like I was hoping. Now it's Monday, and I get to work both jobs today and tomorrow. YIPEE!

Man I can't wait to go see the QOTSA/NIN show on Thursday. Anybody decides to mosh near me is going face first into the pavement. I need this time off I swear to GOD.

How'd everyone else's weekend go? Stories? Any more Max?

Neuro and I stayed home all weekend - it was rainy and I was (am) still recovering from my bronchitis / sinus infection. It's all gone now but the cough, which just won't quit! We really just sat around and watched some DVD's... nothing exciting.

It's supposed to rain here all week, so we're going to have a chance to catch up on some house work. Woo hoo!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

morea, you're probably catching teh storm that passed through my part of town (minneapolis) last week.

I got to be in a good friend of mine's wedding. Do you ever have those experiences where there is no drama, crap, or junk surrounding it? Where it's just pure goodness, fun, love, joy, etc? Well that describes my friends wedding, it just felt right, and him and his new wife are perfect for eachother... so that makes go back and forth between being really happy for him and extremely lonely... well either way i am glad for him... plus they served steak at the rehearsal dinner ;o)
      You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel5
        Do you ever have those experiences where there is no drama, crap, or junk surrounding it? Where it's just pure goodness, fun, love, joy, etc?
        No. Where can I buy some?

Comment

Weekend was boring - house and dog sitting for my parents. Packer game was cool though - tied for 2nd place in the division now! Got back on Sunday and found out my band got a gig for next weekend opening for Michael Graves' (from the Misfits) new band this Saturday - I'm pretty psyched about that.
          . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

My weekend was alright. I set up my iPod and transferred like 15gigs of music over to it (which took like 5 hours, I bit longer then I thought it would). Bought some new records because im playing a show on Tuesday nite. I went to "East Meets West" yesterday, which was an extremely fun photo op, if your interested in seeing some rad custom motorcycles check out my blog link down below.

Other then that, just chilled, went to a birthday party on Sat which was fun, I got dressed up, and pretty faded on the roof of a hotel! Not looking forward to work this week, or my busy weekend, in which I will be moving back to Phoenix from Chandler, im not to stoked about that. Have a good Monday everyone!

edited to add: How was "Waiting", I really wanna see that, I lub Dane Cook.
            ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by D-Frag
              edited to add: How was "Waiting", I really wanna see that, I lub Dane Cook.
              It was pretty damn good...not as funny as it could have been but then again I had the most unrealistically high expectations for it. It was overall extremely funny. Andy Milonakis is kept to a bearable minimum, yet Dane Cook actually is in it for quite a bit (which is good). Ryan Reynolds is awesome, and Luis Guzman is definitely underused in movies (but seems to be getting more popular). Thing is, all the reviews I've read said it's "so-so" or more "frat-boy" stuff...I'm sorry but I'm sick of art-house existential bullcrap. I want a movie that tickles my funny-bone, not my emotions. I want to be entertained, not emotional. If I wanted drama, I'd go to work and actually listen to what all the high school girls complain about.

Comment

or watch LB!
                Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by reuber1
                  No. Where can I buy some?
                  there's 2 for 1's at t.g.i. friday's from 9-11pm daily...
                  You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Wow sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.
                    *dodges bricks*
                    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh yeah? Try to outrun this FLYING brick!

(Actually, I thought it too... but I just don't feel adept enough to dodge bricks today!)

Comment

I just brought my brick count to 43!

Comment

lol! That was a fun thread.

Comment

Office Space was playing at a local theatre (midnight showing) on Friday and Saturday, I had plans to go twice but missed them both I would have like to see it on the big screen...
                            Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                            http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Damn it feels good..........to be a gangsta'

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X