No announcement yet.

Macromedia Director?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macromedia Director?

Anyone here use Macromedia Director?

Just tryin to find out a few things, can the Pre-Loader be changed to a custom made one??

And, how the hell do I get the Email Form to work?

Anyone willing to offer a helping hand?

Thanks in advance!

Man, haven't heard much about Director in a long time. Lingo is kind of a weird language and with the advances in Flash, Director has sort of gone by the way side... Except for DVD & CD-Rom creation.

Sounds like you're doing something for the web, any chance you could do it in Flash vs. Director? Might be an easier and quicker route for you? ||

Hi, thanks for replying... I like using Director cause you can do websites and if I decide to make a promo CD-Rom its just a matter of making a Projector file you know?... plus I have everything done and working.. just those two things I'm trying to do you know?... you say DVD Creation, can Director be used to make DVD menus or what???? Sounds interestin!

Yeah, Director is more of a Kiosk, Interactive CD-Rom / DVD tool. Flash is the preffered method of web delivery for most studios, it's much lighter in file size and the flash plugin is much more commonly installed on browsers than shockwave is.(although it might be the same plugin now?) Flash also spits out cross-platform self running projecters for use on CDs, Director only can export either mac or windows projector depending on which version you're running. Anyway, I feel liek a frickin Flash salesman,...sorry about that, it's not helping your problem.

Can't help ya on the Director stuff, sorry. I did some google searchin for you and didn't find anything on either the preloader or the email form. I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Check some Director boards, maybe there's something there? ||

Latest Topics

• Vaudoux
          Got a job in an advertising agency and it's... extremely boring?
          I've studied design for 3 years and had freelance clients here and there before. I just got my first actual job as a designer after being on the job market for about a year without any success.
          Today, 04:50 AM
        • Red Kittie Kat
          Reply to Someone experienced in Pinterest here?
          Red Kittie Kat
          As far as I can see you can only sort your own boards. There is no way to sort or save boards you follow.
          Today, 12:51 AM
        • ohqpi
          Christmas Advice! Wacom Intuos Pro
          Hi guys,

I am in need of some advice for my sisters christmas present. She is a graphic designer & I really want to get her a gift that she will love and helps her with her work. So...
          Yesterday, 10:54 PM
        • B
          Reply to Questions
          Hi Jynx, and welcome to the GDF forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give all new forum members.
          Yesterday, 10:44 PM
        • Jynx
          I have been looking for an art community that has Graphic design contests & photomanipulation battles. I am hoping this is the place i am looking for since deviant art has become a place to post art...
          Yesterday, 08:43 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us