Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Design Quotes
    salsa
    They want you to do a mock quote and didn't tell you how to do it? That's strange that they would even do this because there are a lot of steps in the real world of business that you have to go through...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to New Logo for a Glass Bottle Cutting Device
    Buda
    I don't see any progression. It's the same concept.

Try and work on some more interesting concepts.

Things to think about:
    Who is the target market?
    What is the...
    Today, 01:51 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    Buda
    What is your background? Are you a student or a designer?

These don't look like real logos to me because they can't be used in the real world. It looks like you have thought up concepts but...
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to (Possibly) doing a commission for the first time, need intro
    Buda
    Just curious if you are thinking of using copyright and trademarked comic book and movie characters in your design?
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Design Quotes
    Buda
    Hi c_fowler336 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain...
    Today, 01:37 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well helloooooooo

Hello, I thought I might as well introduce myself as if I just started replying in topics it would be a bit odd.

Anywho, my name is Laura, I'm 24, I graduated Uni in June, I got my first graphic design job 3 months ago, and I've managed to keep it, yay! I work in London which is OK. Except on days like today when the tube smells like wee and it's raining but still, as jobs go it's pretty good.

I look forward to talking about design related topics and such like. See ya!
    "Jesus saves sinners, and redeems them for valuable cash and prizes."

Jump Forward

Welcome to GDF Laura!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy the fine selection of wines and spirits at our unofficial lounge.
        Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

Rio where is your sig quote from? that's funny... oh, and welcome
          You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Yo Rio! Welcome
            You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Welcome to the forum Laura, here the subway (tubes) always smell like that, I thought it was normal.
              How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

Thank you all.

As for my sig quote, I dunno where it's from I'm afraid. I got it off someone else's sig on another forum cause I thought it was quite funny.

Jump Forward

Comment

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand....

sorry, couldnt resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Logo-Mechanix
                    Welcome to the forum Laura, here the subway (tubes) always smell like that, I thought it was normal.
                    Surprisingly not here. It's only on certain lines the smell is pretty bad. I've yet to experience it during the summer though so it might get worse. Joy.

And yes I am named ater the Duran Duran song, because it rocks. And from a graphic related standpoint I also really like the album cover.

Jump Forward

Comment

Hi Rio, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Mind the Gap!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X