Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    Web site, T-shirts, and business cards are three different methods of reproduction, so you need to make sure to simplify your logo enough that it works for all three methods (and any future methods you...
    Today, 05:27 PM
  • Staisman
    Staisman
    Here is a new website design I am working on right now. Maybe this will help....
    Today, 05:26 PM
  • Staisman
    Staisman
    About printing applications. Nothing crazy, I will use logo on the website, T-Shirts, and Invoices/business cards....
    Today, 05:20 PM
  • Staisman
    Staisman
    Thank you guys for your inputs. Of course I am not a professional designer but also I don't have funds to hire one, that's why i am here. I am not expecting anyone to do the job for me but I am willing...
    Today, 05:10 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to What is this product ? please
    seamas
    Dessert topping
    Today, 05:05 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last minute, monday off?

I got an email late yesterday afternoon telling all of us employees that we have the day off on monday as a paid holiday!

that's a nice new years present if I do say so myself
    You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

also that its a federal holiday
    Tapp-d
    "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Me too. Rocks, doesn't it?

Comment

the 2nd is a federal holiday? what holiday?
        You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

"National January 2nd Day"

Comment

Shush! We are open on Monday, so I have to come in.
            pas·sion
            If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
            -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Its the federal observance of New Years Day since it falls on a sunday...kinda like last week we had monday off for Christmas.

In massachusetts anyone working monday (in the retail world) has to be paid time and a half. Now it may be different for salary people, but they owe a holiday to you if you dont have it off I believe. (For example another friend is working in a factory monday, but they are getting the eve of July 4th off to make up for it.)
              Tapp-d

Comment

oh this also means no banks are open, and no mail will be delivered so plan accordingly
                Tapp-d

Comment

It's football day, of course I'm taking it off! Go Buckeyes!
                  You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

It depends on who and where you work for in the emp handbook here it says:

Holidays:
                    All full-time employees of the company are entitled to the following paid holidays:
                    July 4th
                    Thanksgiving Day
                    Christmas Day

If (above holiday) falls on a saturday, the previous friday will be paid off. If (above holiday) falls on sunday, then the following monday will be paid off.

The pay for these holidays will be eight hours straight time at your hourly rate of pay. Holiday pay will not be considered time worked for overtime pay.

---
                    Holiday Work:

It basically says: if you work (above holiday) it works just like under "holidays, you do get the 1+1/2 times your pay rate + holiday straight pay. BUT you have to have permission from the project manager (supervisor), Operations Manager or the President to work on holidays.

---

Working for the Fed.Gov. is nice when you work holidays, they even pay you for the time of day you work and the day of the week, say you work between 10pm-6am you get a night time compensation (same as holiday pay). Plus they pay you for locality pay (cost of living). Working the holidays, at night, on the weekends = a nice pay check.

Hell I just know that we are open and I have to come in, I don't really know if we get that day off, I never get notified or told of anything till the last min (so I cant plan anything), I'm actualy afraid to get sick/flu. I'm not invited to the Wed. morning meetings. Im just the only drafter here, I actualy am probably the most important employee for getting jobs that get AutoCAD'ed out that bring in the money.

I had monday off this week, I didnt know, I was here in the morning, waited for 1/2 hr no one showed up at 7am so I went back home. Going to have to do the same thing on monday. Sometimes I hate my job.
                    pas·sion
                    If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
                    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

I only get off Thanksgiving and Christmas... And I actually have to work New Years Eve from 7:30 - 11:30 p.m. boo!
                      S.
                      SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

bah humbug! I thought it was bad that I only get 5 holidays a year... that's terrible.

You know, most of my friends are teachers, and I don't know WHEN they work. Seems like they have more days off than they know what to do with!
                        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Well I actually get 19 vacation days a year, and I can bank 200 hours to roll over to the next year, so it's not that bad, but it still sorta sucks I dont get actual holidays off. I know a teacher too, way too many days off! I dont remember getting that many days off when I was in school!
                          S.
                          SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

My sick, vacation, bereavement, personal, etc, time amounts to a total of 5 days a year. Now that's rough!
                            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

yeah, late friday they came in and said the same thing to me... "we have monday off"..

i was thinking..."for what?"
                              www.standercreative.com

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X