Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which go juice?

Ok devs, Rockstar or coffee?

Neither. Rockstar and stuff like that makes me sick just thinking about it. I love the smell of coffee, but can't stand the taste. I really want to like it. I've tried all the different variations. None of them work for me.

Give me a Dr. Pepper over either of them any day of the week.
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Had to look up Rockstar. Holy crap 67.5 grams of sugar! That's just wrong.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Green tea for me. That energy drink shit can kill you
        Design is not decoration.

Comment

• PanToshi
          PanToshi commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, right?!!

Do you prefer matcha or loose leaf? I kinda like Genmaicha (with roasted rice)

• kemingMatters
          kemingMatters commented
          Editing a comment
          Matcha, really because it's easier to deal with when I'm still waking up. I'd have my kitchen covered in loose leaf at 6am and no one wants to start their day off like that.

Caffeine makes me wired and jittery. Being normally high strung, what I really need is something to slow me down instead of pushing me over the edge. If Starbucks offered an optional shot of Xanax with their decaf, I'd be a regular customer.

Comment

Was Rockstar the puppymonkeybaby ad during the super bowl? Had to shut off the sound. That right there would put me off any product that company had to offer. No one needs 67gm of sugar all at once. That would put me into a coma, and I'm not a diabetic.

One good slug of coffee in the morning is good for the day. Otherwise the headache sets in around 2pm.

Comment

There was a time about 10 years ago where I drank about 40 ounces of coffee a day.
            20 ounces on my commute, another when I got to work and then one in the afternoon.

I really wasn't drinking it for the caffine, over time I just increased my intake.

Then I got a bad cold--I hate how coffee tastes when I have a cold, so I switch to tea. For about five months I had zero urge to drink coffee at all.
            Once I did start drinking it, it was just one 20 oz travel mug as I drive to work. I have a little more on weekend morning as I putter around the house on projects.

The energy drinks are just plain disgusting. While I'll drink coffee and the occasional cola, I don't like the feeling of being over caffinated. I suppose there is a threshold where I don't notice it.
            Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

CoFfEe, cOfFeE and more coFFeE.

Comment

Commute beverage...

I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

• Ika
                  Ika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best of all

dude...gross...lol

Comment

• HotButton
                  HotButton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Compared to Rockstar, and coffee for that matter, it's Nectar of the Gods.

One of these a day or I don't function.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

In college, I'd down a few energy drinks a day. My mom would always worry and tell me I was going to have a heart attack. When I got my first design job I switched to coffee (black) for a few years. Then I switched back to energy drinks and started feeling sick after drinking one. I'll still drink the occasional one because I love the taste, but for the most part I quit them.

Now I just pop 1 or 2 caffeine pills in the morning. They take longer to kick in than coffee or energy drinks, but there's none of the negative effects of either of them.
                  "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

• B
                    B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like having to pee every half hour?

Coffee in the morning, tea for a midday pick-me-up. And when I say coffee, I mean coffee, not that melted milkshake pablum they serve at Ahab's Mate. Not a lukewarm cup of liquefied Lindor Truffles with some charred coffee in it. Cream and sugar if you must, but that other stuff isn't coffee.

And energy drinks are, indeed, horrifying. They smell like the Devil's urine.

I don't really drink soda much, but for caffeinated sodas it's pretty much make mine a Moxie. Which nobody will get as it's not really available outside of northern New England.
                  Last edited by Nobert; 02-17-2016, 07:02 PM.
                  People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                  -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Coffee or tea ... Energy drinks are yucky poo poo in my opinion .. I've tried a few and one sip and I'm ready to gag. And they are sooooo not good for you. Not that I am one to act like the Food Police ... but this crap can do a number on you if you aren't careful. No more than one a day if you must have one. I spent enough time in the ER with someone who's body went toxic from drinking several a day, every single day .. because they said they couldn't function without it. That's my PSA for the day

Comment

Black coffee, for sure. Energy drink makes me nauseous...
                      Last edited by hyena; 02-18-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
                        One off off-set lithographic Print?
                        Clinton78
                        Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
                        Today, 11:11 AM
                      • Craig B
                        Reply to Style of Font
                        Craig B
                        To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
                        Today, 11:00 AM
                      • Craig B
                        Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
                        Craig B
                        Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
                        Today, 10:58 AM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
                        PrintDriver
                        As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
                        Today, 10:30 AM
                      • PrintDriver
                        Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                        PrintDriver
                        The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
                        Today, 10:22 AM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X