morning routine for success?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning routine for success?

Do you have a morning productivity routine? If so what is it...

Seriously?
    Just getting out of bed in the morning is a success. Bonus if I can find two matching socks.

Comment

I'm very efficient about driving to work. Since I'm always late I need to travel 20 mph over the speed limit while weaving between cars on the freeway obstacle course. Having survived the high-speed, near fatal crashes on the way in, I'm psyched, my heart's thumping, adrenaline is coursing through my veins and I'm raring to go as I beat on my chest and walk through the front door.

Comment

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        So that was YOU!
        [trying to catch up to me. Ha ha!]

• kemingMatters
        kemingMatters commented
        Editing a comment
        20MPH over is hard to do on a bike B, have you been training with Lance Armstrong?

• B
        B commented
        Editing a comment
        The bike is for warmer weather. In another month or two I'll be dodging pedestrians on the sidewalks and cutting off cars on the surface streets. I can hardly wait.
        Last edited by B; 02-11-2016, 02:18 PM.

Do you mean before work or do mean once you get to work?

I try and get up early. My ideal "good" morning is a 40 minute brisk walk up a local volcano, shower, dress, scoff something to eat (or skip breakfast for a coffee) and walk to work. If I skip the 40 minute walk, I might spend that time doing freelance design work. Getting some work done in the morning makes me feel productive and means there's less for me to do in the evenings.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Vodka.

Comment

I'm an insomniac. For me, the morning is largely unproductive. The only part of it that is routine is driving kids to school followed by procrastination. Posting on this forum is part of my procrastination routine.

My productivity doesn't get started until the afternoon. It gradually increases right up until dinner time. Then it might pick up after dinner or fall off a cliff. If my productivity continues after dinner, it goes on until about 2am or until I start falling asleep on the job.

Comment

Not having my son tell me he has to poop as we're going out the door is my morning routine for success, if that doesn't happen then I'm nearly late and that isn't successful.
            Design is not decoration.

Comment

Most of my morning ritual is trudging through the lifey stuff but if I can get a few minutes of q-time with my little one I feel much better throughout the morning. She does better too. I listen to a funny radio show during my commute and that keeps things on the lighter side. I chow a banana at 10ish to calm my caffeine riddled nerves.

Comment

How I start my day:
                - A good breakfast with the news on in the background as I'm getting ready
                - Walk + Bus to work listening to podcasts and playing sudoku to get my brain going
                - Start work with a quick review of current jobs with my co-workers
                - Check emails for new jobs, proofs approved etc.
                - Get small / quick jobs out of the way, then urgent jobs, re-proofing and answering emails, then on to big jobs in the afternoon

Lunch? What's that?
                Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

sex.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdata View Post
                    sex.
                    lol...I don't think I'd get much done if that was my morning routine...

Comment

Buda took mine! Local volcano walk, yeah. That's what I do, too.

Seriously, if I get to work and my underwear is on under my clothes, baby that's a win.
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                        Seriously?
                        Just getting out of bed in the morning is a success. Bonus if I can find two matching socks.

lol...my gf always gives me a hard time about me wearing mismatched socks...I'm like"ehh...lifes to short..."

Comment

i WOULD LIKE TO SHARE This i.e
                          Early to bed early to rise makes a men healthy and wise

Comment

The first thing I do after getting up is drink half a glass water on empty stomach and then do some stretches which keeps me quite alert and energetic for the rest of the day.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X