X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Invites

Greeting all.
    Does anyone know how to design wedding invites? I wanna design by myself for my coming wedding.

Hi Buster and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I've done a number of wedding invitation packages in my career, so yes I know how to do them, but so should anyone with a background in design.

What's your background? How do you plan on printing them? Are you familiar with the postal standards where you live?
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Talk to a printer or designer or event planner that specializes in Wedding stuff. Describe your needs and desires and have them implement it for you. A lot of printers that print invites have on staff design services. Then move on to other parts of planning your big event.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 03-01-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Welcome. What's your wedding theme color?? And what style of wedding invites do you like? Static wedding cards? Animated wedding cards? Paper wedding cards or digital cards? If you wanna digital wedding cards, you can try amolink greeting card marker, fotor, photoshop, amoyshare photo collage maker and so on.

Comment

Why do you want to design your invitations? Is it because you are a good designer? Or is it because you want to save some money?

If you're just looking to save money, you can buy templates off sites like Etsy. Cheap as chips. Some vendors even make minor changes for you.

Otherwise, have a look around and hire a designer.

I've been designing wedding invitations for over 10 years. My clients want original designs so I don't use templates, but I know there are many designers that have templates clients can choose from and this saves a bit of $$$.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Buda View Post
              Why do you want to design your invitations? Is it because you are a good designer? Or is it because you want to save some money?

If you're just looking to save money, you can buy templates off sites like Etsy. Cheap as chips. Some vendors even make minor changes for you.

Otherwise, have a look around and hire a designer.

I've been designing wedding invitations for over 10 years. My clients want original designs so I don't use templates, but I know there are many designers that have templates clients can choose from and this saves a bit of $$$.

I agree. It must be because they want to save money. There are a lot of cheap templates available online that can easily be customized, but I think it's still best to hire a professional to do things like wedding invitations and such.

Comment

What about fiverr?
                There are some really talented designers - you can get your invitation pretty fast and cheaply.

Comment

• kemingMatters
                  kemingMatters commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are joking right?

• aaronw
                  aaronw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why should I be joking, kemingMatters? BusterTomich doesn't look for professional invotes as he wants to create them by himself.
                  That's why my suggestion...

• PanToshi
                  PanToshi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm going to guess you've never been married...

It's a silly suggestion to make IMO, unless you want poor Buster to spend his wedding night bunking alone in the car!

A wedding invitation could be anything. You could be as creative as you want to be

Comment

You can create/make your wedding invitations easily in online. There are lot of tools are available. Now a days wedding video invites are popular, you can create them using your photos & videos. I made mine using Inviter platform.

Comment

Hi Julia009 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by ITcroc
                      i have created a wedding portfolio
                      Its just like creating brochure or flyer you can say

Hi ITcroc,
                      We do not allow self-promotion anywhere at GDF. Please see your welcome message with links to our rules of conduct, etc.
                      http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...75#post1624875
                      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I too designed the invites by myself for my last month's wedding at Weddings South Florida, I wrote some promises that both me and my husband made to each other and then completed the invitation by formally inviting others to be a part of our special day and give us their blessings.

Comment

My sister also designed her wedding invites. She got the idea on this site. It's really beautiful.

http://bridalguide.com/planning/the-...ng-invitations
                          Last edited by KitchWitch; 06-19-2016, 12:47 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Splashsky
                            Advice on simple banking-style design
                            Splashsky
                            So, for a little background, I'm working on a text-based web game as a passion project. I'm no designer; far from it. I'm working on the banking feature of the game, which as a few features. The banking...
                            Today, 12:10 PM
                          • PrintDriver
                            Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                            PrintDriver
                            Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
                            The Output.
                            As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
                            Today, 08:46 AM
                          • Peter3v
                            Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
                            Peter3v
                            Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
                            Today, 06:52 AM
                          • Breanne.C
                            Reply to Helloooooo!
                            Breanne.C
                            Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
                            Yesterday, 10:29 PM
                          • Breanne.C
                            Reply to Font ID Please
                            Breanne.C
                            Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
                            Yesterday, 10:14 PM
                          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                          Working...
                          X