Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envato EU VAT problems. Need help!

Greetings!
    I am the freelance web designer doing projects in EU. Iíve done a lot of them for Envato.
    But recently it turned out that I might be a subject to EU tax authoritiesí investigation, as well as thousands of other Envato authors in EU.
    Iíve described my problem on one of the forums in April http://forum.fok.nl/topic/2296055
    People told me to consult with tax advisor or lawyer, which I did.
    It turns out that I am eligible to EU VAT as an author. And Envato collects and pays this tax for authors since 2015.https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en...on-for-Authors
    But the problem is that Iíve been doing projects since 2013. So who will pay VAT for those two years?
    If you take all authors from EU, this may be hundreds thousands of Euro.
    What should I do? Can this be the subject for tax authoritiesí investigation? Am I in danger? If I am sued for tax evasion, can I summon Envato as a third party responsible for the situation to the court?

No one here can answer this question.
    You should consult the same tax advisor you consulted before.

Comment

I am not familiar with Envato, but it looks like it runs a similar platform as Etsy in regards to taxes. It boils down to - you are responsible for paying your own taxes. As PD said, you need the advice of a lawyer, not graphic designers and not other people who use Envato. https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en...rket-earnings-
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Faye F. Cagle
        Reply to Work from UK for an US company
        Faye F. Cagle
        I think it shouldn't be a problem since you will be working remotely. You can get the wages in USA bank account to avoid tax issues in the UK. It may depend on what visa category your are applying in...
        Today, 02:05 PM
      • Biggs097
        Reply to Poster for a school project
        Biggs097
        Bring the type together. Unify the typography. Something like this. Just an idea.
        Today, 01:10 PM
      • seamas
        Reply to Poster for a school project
        seamas
        Two out of three of the performers were brutally murdered (and hated each other).

That's NOT a fun party.
        Today, 01:07 PM
      • seamas
        Reply to Please critique my jazz poster
        seamas
        Definitely a do-over.

One problem is you have too many quotation marks. You don't need them.

Also, when listing the band members, you should not have Milou on one line, then...
        Today, 11:21 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Trouble using DMV website? check it out
        KitchWitch
        Hi Yizh0x81 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 08:42 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X