Dropbox hacked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox hacked

Drop box was recently hacked. A reported 68 million user's passwords have been released on the internet. Not counting the people that keep other information like passwords in files in their dropbox account.

+ I just mention it because of how often the subject of dropbox comes up here, and how often I encounter it during my day-to-day work.
    Last edited by Obsidian86; 08-31-2016, 11:03 AM.
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Thanks for the heads up!

Looks like the account info released is from a 2012 breach, so if you haven't changed your password since then probably a good idea to do it.

article
    Last edited by kemingMatters; 08-31-2016, 11:34 AM.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Oh man... I just shut mined down from some weird activity going on just a few moments ago... Wonder when that was.

Comment

You can see if your email address or username was leaked using a site like: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

My email address/password were on the dropbox one, an Adobe hack in 2013 and 2 other sites that were hacked that I didn't even know about.
        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

I received the following from Dropbox just last week:

Hi *****

We’re reaching out to let you know that if you haven’t updated your Dropbox password since mid-2012, you’ll be prompted to update it the next time you sign in. This is purely a preventative measure, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

To learn more about why we’re taking this precaution, please visit this page on our Help Center. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at password-reset-help@dropbox.com.

Thanks,

The Dropbox Team
          I use Dropbox a lot for all kinds of things, and I change my password every few months to a long, random sequence of characters that I can never remember. Anything of a sensitive nature that I keep in Dropbox is, first, encrypted and then goes into a 256-bit encrypted Macintosh disk image with an even longer password than the one I can never remember for just getting into Dropbox.

Comment

I eventually figured out what the weird activity was. Nothing nefarious. One of our interns decided to somehow upload about 200 images to a shared folder.........
            Well, figuring out the ''somehow'' was the easy part.
            The ''why'' not so much.

I already know about being part of the Adobe hack and my work email sure does show up in weird places sometimes. I get mail from myself all the time from somewhere in Iran.

Comment

I see that my "myspace" account was leaked. LOL I forgot I even had a myspace account. I think I got one back in the old days when someone on here told me college girls were posting boobie shots on there. I remember I couldn't find any boobies though.

Comment

wow, that's bad....thanks for the notice..

Comment

Hi Yellowprinting and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X