Wacom vs others?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom vs others?

I have practically been raised on Wacom products for amateur graphic design - I've had 2 editions of the Clintiq having first been introduced by playing around with a friend's. I was thinking about trying out other brands for my next Clintiq upgrade, but as I'm only really doing it for fun I can't justify a massive expense. Are there any other products people would recommend instead? Or should I stick to Wacom?

I've only used Wacom, but from what I've seen the next best/cheaper option is Huion. I've heard that the Huion version of the Cintiq doesn't have a matte screen so there is a glare, which might be annoying. Whichever product you end up choosing, just make sure you do enough research and are sure you can get what you want out of it since it's a pretty big purchase no matter which you choose. Another thing to consider is that Wacom is the standard, and because the majority of people use it there's likely to be far more resources when you need help with it. Others will suggest the Surface Pro or Ipad pro & pencil, which are probably not a lot less expensive depending on what you get, but maybe something to research if this is just for fun and not professional work. Again, I only know Wacom, but I hope this helps you a little.

Comment

Hi Allen and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I am thinking with the introduction of the Surface Studio and Surface Dial we will see screens from Dell, HP and Samsung that will rival the Surface Studio for under $1,000.00 by December 2018. I am not saying everyone will need a touch screen and I admit touch screens would not work on the Mac OS X operating system as of now. Having said that for Windows user it seems like a good way to work.

Comment

Hi Arc and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X