Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor for postproduction

Hi

I need to buy a good monitor to make professional postproduction (photos, illustrations, prints). I read positive opinion about Eizo, Asus, Nec but as Im not expert in the field, I do not know what should i buy.. What would like to recommend me? The ideal would be a 24inch but I'm open to your suggestions. I am looking for a monitor for the next years, I do not want to spend to much, but untill1000 would be fine. Of course less is better!

Thanks,
    L.D.

I read a lot of positive feedback about the Eizo CG2420. Some of you have this monitor and could give me something more? For the same price (or less) can I find something better for my needs?

Thanks,
    L.D.

Comment

Monitors are sort of a matter of opinion.
      I do all my pre-press work on not so expensive Viewsonic monitors in a dual monitor setup. I already know that for print, my monitor will not accurately match the Pantone colors I'm working in. I rely on other methods for getting accurate color matching in printed material. Photos I can fairly accurately color correct as I'm able to get a pretty accurate color temperature on one of the monitors (not so much the other which is older.) That works with the type of printing I do.

It's all in being able to calibrate the monitor accurately and understanding your output needs.
      Photos, illustrations and prints (art prints?) are all handled differently depending on how they are being displayed. For Art prints especially, you have to work with the person doing your printing, possibly even obtaining a machine profile from them for the media you intend to use (though often those can be proprietary.) Art prints are notoriously expensive because of all the front end proofing that has to go into them. Be sure to use a color bar AND a gray bar when doing the photo shoot or art scan. A lot of color protocols adjust based on the gray bar.

Most important to me is a non-glare screen. Glossy screens drive me insane.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X