Not more of a Linux User

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not more of a Linux User

Hello guys! Sorry to have bothered asking you some questions. Anyway, I am not more of a Linux user and in our organization I need to keep track of all passwords and user accounts. Would you know how can I store my user accounts and passwords in one secured location ? Please comment below if you have the idea. Thank you.

A post it note stuck to your screen - as long as its not the correct password. People will try that first and then give up when it doesn't work. Seriously don't think any text string stored on any computer whatever OS is secure. The only really secure place is between your ears.

I don't keep a track of any of the dozen or so passwords I currently use. I don't even know what they are, but I know how to generate them.

I start at a place on the keyboard which can be the first letter of the website etc then go zigzag or straight, left or right, up and down, in a circle, into the numbers and symbols or not, alternating shift characters or not, until I have at least the required number of characters for the password. Remembering the last character can help as a checksum.

I realise that this method does not provide properly random passwords, but they look impressive if written down.
    Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

Thanks for the response. I guess there is no hundred percent assurance of how we can secure passwords. As my colleague mentioned, no matter what we do, security will always be at risk. All we have to do is minimize the risk. But how about active directory linux? Anyone who have used it?
      Last edited by KitchWitch; 04-10-2017, 09:12 AM. Reason: no advertising

Comment

How many people do you have using this same account? Both posts from Kellee in this thread have different IP addresses and the second comment refers to "my colleague." GDF accounts are for one person only. If you need multiple colleagues using this forum, they will each have to make their own account. Thanks.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
          Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
          PrintDriver
          Happy Thanksgiving to all!
          Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking. We are eating fashionably late this year. Mainly because the bird was larger than expected, but that 's ok.
          Lots of hooverdoovers...
          Today, 04:17 PM
        • PanToshi
          PanToshi
          Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
        • B
          B
          Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
          Today, 12:57 PM
        • Arka-Software
          Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
          Arka-Software
          There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
          Today, 12:46 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
          PrintDriver
          You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
          Today, 09:10 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X