Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to help an online portfolio get noticed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to help an online portfolio get noticed?

A friend of mine wants to promote her portfolio. She got some resources to help her with self promotion but since she wants to improve his art business. With all the beautiful designs, I think she deserves a wider audience to promote herself. By the way, do you know any new strategy to make it easier and faster to get noticed online? Budget is not a problem for her so she's willing to invest to increase her exposure.

Beautiful designs mean nothing.
    Did the beautiful designs increase her clients' bottom lines?
    If so, in what measurable way?
    If this friend does not know about internet metrics, time to learn.

There are a million designer websites out there. Any individual portfolio online is only going to be a crapshoot no matter the SEO. Especially today, with most computers set up with location services only serving up local stuff at the top of any potential client's search result.

Fame and fortune only comes with repeated success.
    That takes time.
    And repeated success.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      Beautiful designs mean nothing.
      Did the beautiful designs increase her clients' bottom lines?
      If so, in what measurable way?
      If this friend does not know about internet metrics, time to learn.

There are a million designer websites out there. Any individual portfolio online is only going to be a crapshoot no matter the SEO. Especially today, with most computers set up with location services only serving up local stuff at the top of any potential client's search result.

Fame and fortune only comes with repeated success.
      That takes time.
      And repeated success.

I agree! Get a web designer.

Comment

Originally posted by geekypal View Post
        Budget is not a problem for her so she's willing to invest to increase her exposure.
        Look into Google AdWords.

Have her do some research on keywords people would typical search to reach artwork similar to hers.

Also, allowing people to purchase her work online would be beneficial as well if she's interested in that sort of thing.

Comment

Forgot to mention, she was a painting student. She was confident with her design, unfortunately, she did not draw too much attention with regards to your question. PrintDriver

"There are a million designer websites out there. Any individual portfolio online is only going to be a crapshoot no matter the SEO. Especially today, with most computers set up with location services only serving up local stuff at the top of any potential client's search result."

You mentioned SEO. Actually, we are on the move in adopting SEO. We are under negotiation with a provider that can help us increase our online visibility. We haven't sign an agreement yet, so if you have additional thoughts about it, let us know. TY
          Last edited by KitchWitch; 06-15-2017, 04:35 PM. Reason: removed hyperlink to service site

Comment

Do you have a website? It is important nowadays. There are several ways to do it, and I think it is possible to create a site by yourself. After that you should promote your website, on of the ways is to use social media. I hope it helps!

Comment

Hi I am Graphic Designer Christopher Michael Cooper. Great question. I would recommend Social Media. I find Facebook and Facebook Groups to be the biggest help to promote my portfolio. I am a member of several Graphic Design Groups on Facebook. I engage daily on the Facebook groups and provide value to other's on these face book groups by answering questions. You do not want to spam your portfolio link I would just simply write a value post and at the end simply ask if they could critique your portfolio and your work and leave a link to your portfolio. This is what I do and has seemed to work really well and I have not broke any Facebook rules. I hope this helps.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                PanToshi
                Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:46 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Looking for comments
                PanToshi
                Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                Today, 03:46 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                PanToshi
                Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:40 PM
              • HotButton
                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                HotButton
                There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                Today, 03:36 PM
              • pobrien
                Flyer Crtitique
                pobrien
                Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                Today, 01:12 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X