deviant art website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deviant art website

couldn't they have come up with a better name ? deviant sounds like only deviants would go there

The site is blocked where I work. I suspect the software behind the blocking identifies it as being deviant. Admittedly, some of the stuff I've seen there sort of fits that description anyway.

Comment

Is this page still popular in the times of Tumblr and Pintrest?

Comment

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL.
        They aren't the same.

Pinterest is just junk people find online and post to their boards. Pinterest is the bane of my existence because all those damn pins come to the top of a google search when what I want is the original image source.

Tumbler is more of a Facebook redux, only less strict and more private. Well as private as anything can be on the internet.

DeviantArt has a thriving and active art community and a lot of the work is original art posted by the artists themselves. Sometimes you can actually find and contact the artist, though they take great risk posting their art there. People (including some clueless graphic designers) seem to think that DA is a Creative Commons outlet and that the art can be used without permission, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Hi Elino and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
        PanToshi
        Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 03:46 PM
      • PanToshi
        Reply to Looking for comments
        PanToshi
        Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 03:46 PM
      • PanToshi
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        PanToshi
        Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 03:40 PM
      • HotButton
        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
        HotButton
        There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
        Today, 03:36 PM
      • pobrien
        Flyer Crtitique
        pobrien
        Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
        Today, 01:12 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X