Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the weather where you're at?

It's been kind of rough around here 😜
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Nice weather

Comment

Hang in there, Obs! I hope it stops raining soon!
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Be 110 degress (F) today.

Hot. Phoenix, Arizona.
        Erik Youngren • Pueblo Publishers, Composing Manager
        2.8Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5

Comment

Nice (but warm), dry, late-summer weather here in Utah — low '90s F during the day and about 70 F at night. It'll be cooling down once we're into September.

Comment

I take it that you are in the Houston area? Hang in there. It's a mess for sure, floods are no joke. My in-laws got flooded in Sandy and I know the ordeal.
            ( I experienced Sandy and other hurricanes, tropical storms and nor'easters, but never lived in a flood zone)

We just started the late August cool-down. (and the earlier sunsets just became more and more apparent last week)
            It's been beautiful weather, and though I normally don't care for hot weather, I could use just a *little* more summer--as our neighbors are away and are letting us watch their pool for the week. September -mid October is usually fantastic weather in this area (downstate NY), but the slow creep of winter is never something I care for.

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Hang in there Obsidian.

Our weather is normal here for the first time in years.
              Really nice spring/summer for the local farms to bring in bumper crops and drying down nice for the fall harvests.
              80s during the day and 50s at night.
              Love it.
              Used to be like this all the time when I was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
                ...but the slow creep of winter is never something I care for.
                I agree. I talk to lots of people who love the fall, the colors and the usually nice weather and temperatures that come with it. I, on the other hand, have always seen it as a depressing time of year. Leaves are dying, summer is over, days get shorter and the inexorable drift toward the browness of November and the dreary, dark, snowy coldness of winter begins. I can complain as much as anyone else about it getting too hot in the summer, but I'd keep the long summer days and warm weather all year long if I could. If my wife would go for it (which she won't), I would have long ago headed further south to Tucson or San Diego.

As for what's happening in east Texas, the photos and video I've seen made me very sad for those who have been affected. Thirty, forty and fifty inches of rain is unimaginable to me. In a typical year, here in Salt Lake, we only get around 13 inches all year long. Three or four times than much over the course of two or three days seems almost inconceivable.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                  Our weather is normal here for the first time in years.
                  Really nice spring/summer for the local farms to bring in bumper crops and drying down nice for the fall harvests.
                  80s during the day and 50s at night.
                  We had some real weirdness earlier in the year some weeks of extremely mild weather in late January/early Feburary (I was getting garden beds dug and set), followed by some weeks of very cold weather. Then a pretty mild April and cool/wet May. As if some months flip-flopped.
                  I do appreciate a long relatively cool spring with a good amount of rain. I can't stand when we go from winter directly to the hot and humid.

Originally posted by B View Post

I agree. I talk to lots of people who love the fall, the colors and the usually nice weather and temperatures that come with it. I, on the other hand, have always seen it as a depressing time of year. Leaves are dying, summer is over, days get shorter and the inexorable drift toward the browness of November and the dreary, dark, snowy coldness of winter begins. I can complain as much as anyone else about it getting too hot in the summer, but I'd keep the long summer days and warm weather all year long if I could.
                  I definitely get a certain amount of seasonal depression--mostly due to the lack of sunlight.

I'm 100% atheist, but do a ton of holiday lighting on the house in December just to ward off the darkness--and keep them going as long as I can.

There are definitely things I like about fall--the weather in October around here is great and the foliage is beautiful, but I prefer late March-mid June just to watch plants and animals emerge and ice melt, etc.
                  Last edited by seamas; 08-30-2017, 12:26 PM.
                  Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

The fall and fall-like weather always gives me intense feelings of nostalgia. It lasts for a very short period of time here, but I'd have to say it's my favorite season. Doing fall outdoor things while drinking Pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin spice beer are some of my fondest memories.

Now that I think about it, I usually only do things in the fall because I get so much time off for the holidays.

*And I count November as fall because the average temperature is around 70 degrees here.
                    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
                      Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                      Craig B
                      I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
                      Today, 10:46 AM
                    • Colton819
                      Reply to Getting a image ready for print
                      Colton819
                      So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
                      Today, 08:47 AM
                    • leaagg
                      Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                      leaagg
                      Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
                      I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
                      Today, 07:57 AM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
                      PrintDriver
                      Do people still use QR codes?
                      Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
                      Today, 07:06 AM
                    • PrintDriver
                      Comment on Getting a image ready for print
                      PrintDriver
                      Way too much sharing there, hank..........
                      Today, 06:51 AM
                    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X