Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidence

Heya!

This is completely off the topic of designing technicality and more towards emotions i guess lol :/

So I am a noob when it comes to designing. I have been designing here and there for past three years as a freelancer and used to do so for clubs and societies in my university but now I thought of starting out my own collection of shirts and merchandise. Now I know i am not a pro, i do have some great ideas but not all the skills to translate my ideas. I came up with a couple of designs for my online e-commerce store and I am just so skeptical about putting it out there. I am just never content with any design I make.
    They maybe decent for my first commercial try and I can improve with time but how can i be confident that these are the right designs to begin with and this won't fail my upcoming store?
    It's just that I need to begin with my online store before the month ends, need a push

Hi Glitched and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitched View Post
      ...how can i be confident that these are the right designs to begin with and this won't fail my upcoming store?
      You can't be confident about not failing, but you'll never know unless you try. What you can be confident about are those things within your control, like doing your homework, looking at the target audience, doing research on what works, coming up with a feasible business plan, then going for it. If it works, great. If not, too bad, but you'll learn something in the process.

It sounds to me like you're mostly just a bit nervous about trying, which is understandable. Sometimes, you just need to push through the fear, but it really helps if you've laid the groundwork for success, like I mentioned above.

For what it's worth, an online store selling shirts isn't likely to be especially profitable. I'm not saying anything about your work -- I've never seen it. I'm just saying that you'll be competing with about a gazillion other people who have had the same idea.

Comment

The fun thing about an online store is, unless you set it up through something like zazzle or etsy (and even these aren't exempt but may have tools for users), you are essentially starting an online business. Which includes all the things a business includes. For instance like collecting and reporting taxes. Maybe not so much on clothing, that is non-taxable in a lot of states (check yours!) but ''merchandise'' is a whole different animal.
        Definitely do your homework.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X