Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i find a .jpg on my mac os sierra 10.12.6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i find a .jpg on my mac os sierra 10.12.6?

how do i find a missing file? any tips??? spotlight sucks!

You can search in the Finder.

Comment

Yup, click on your desktop than hit Command+F
      fill in the file name at the top right if you know it.
      Click on Kind > Image > jpeg

It will find it even if it is in the trash, but it won't find it if you trashed it, then emptied the trash can. You'd need other resources to find something that's been deleted.
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-31-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I can't remember of ever using Spotlight -- I had largely forgotten that it even existed. A search through Command + F usually works well enough for me. Of course, the best way to find a file is to make sure that you always include words in the names of your files that you'll likely use to perform future searches.

Comment

Aw, that would take half the fun out of looking for files named ''Final for Printer''

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
            Aw, that would take half the fun out of looking for files named ''Final for Printer''

You mean "Finalfinal-v3_final-v6_release_1v2"

Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• PrintDriver
              PrintDriver commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't laugh, I've seen that file name.
              LOL.

thanks all...it doesn't seem to work though :-( i am looking for stuff on our server
            file name is newbag-16.jpg :0

Comment

In the find dialog box, select your server name, not the On This Mac option. A server search can take a very long time, if the server is large. As in, go get a cup of coffee and a danish and read the newspaper long. The time depends on which folder level the file is located. We try to keep our location paths to under 5 folders because invariably a file will get dropped into the wrong place while being dragged to the server and it isn't noticed until days later when you can't find it where it's supposed to be.
              Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-04-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X