Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Comment on Graphic Design tutorials
    B
    It's sort of the Dadaist approach to design, I guess.
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • B
    Reply to General Branding (Re-branding)
    B
    You're engaging in linear thinking and being too literal about it. If you've settled on working with the idea of "pride," keep in mind that it's an emotional state and not a physical thing....
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    Buda
    The style reminds of cut and paste punk posters of the 1970s. I think the thing about those posters is they were kind of anti-design.
    Yesterday, 11:31 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    I think rabbits are going to be the next cats. You should do a series of videos about rabbits that are freelance graphic designers and the business issues they face.
    Yesterday, 11:29 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    I had that happen to me once in my life. I wasn't even dreaming. I couldn't replicate the situation again though. Maybe it was my unicorn.
    Yesterday, 11:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha sounds good bro!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Originally posted by xc-runner View Post
      Carrots
      Bunny? Is that you?
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• vegetable chop suey, mushroom fried rice and seafood szechuan style.
        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
        Aesop

Comment

• I made a grilled ham and cheese on tiny Italian bread

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Chicken Katsu-Don! Yummy.

Although right now at work, our kitchen is being remodeled, so no fridge, no microwave, no nothin', not even a water cooler. So I've been eating takeout a lot in the past couple of weeks, which is SO expensive, long-term. I'm spending on average $30-$35 a week on lunch at work, compared to a little under $10 a week when I was able to bring my own lunch in. Hopefully the remodel will be done soon, and I can start relying on brown bagging again, instead of takeout except for the occasional splurge.
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

• Yikes, urstwile! It's too bad they couldn't provide you a temporary fridge. I've been eating out a lot recently too, but today: Leftover Boar's Head turkey and ham. I feel a club sandwich coming on!
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Originally posted by Typically View Post
                i think i might try my hand at BBQ'n a brisket this weekend. i've read up enough on it i think it time to take the plunge!
                You'll do fine. I've managed to make some good ones on my little water smoker which is a pain in the ass to keep at a steady temperature for long periods. Your UDS will make it a breeze.

Comment

• the thing is i've never had brisket before so i won't really know if its good or not haha. i trust in my UDS so i'm not too worried but i need to find somewhere that does a good brisket so i can compare. i'm stoked about the burnt ends though!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

Comment

• Typ, I want a full report on that brisket!
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Half a box of fried rice. Other half was fried noodles. Carboriffic!
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Pizza pizza 3 ( three) pieces' of pizza, Double cheese, pepperoni, mushroom, green peppers.
                        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                        Aesop

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
                          Typ, I want a full report on that brisket!
                          roger that. i'll have pics from start to finish!

Comment

• Friday: Fallback tuna burger smothered in cheddar and catsup.

Comment

• Breakfast: Peanut butter toast and a banana.

Lunch: I brought a can of chunky soup (double checked to make sure it wasn't dog food this time!) but it honestly isn't very appealing right now (the soup!). There's a great local sub place around the corner that I might hit up today instead.

Dinner: Its FFYF at my place (Fend For Yourself Friday) so I might make a plate of super nachos!
                              "No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
                              - unknown

"There's never enough time to do it right; but there always seems to be enough time to do it twice!"
                              - Me (not really, but I say it a lot)

Comment

• Typ--do that brisket fat down. Protects the meat from the direct heat. You're in the same boat I was when I did my first one. Never had it before, so had no comparison. I've yet to do one I thought was right. Have a tendency to leave it on too long and it dries out.

Good luck!
                                "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X