X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you Riya, I sure wouldn't want to be faced with the prospect of eating 5.99 budget buffet salmon in the middle of Utah.

I really need to start eating more fish, currently being only about 60 miles inland on the California coast. I grew up 30 minutes from bodega Bay, which is a world renowned seafood area in northern california. I never really took advantage of it, but the people that did in my area were so spoiled.
    "To be is to do" --Socrates.
    "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

We're spoiled here for sure. At least that's what tourists tell us...
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

We are very spoiled. I took my 4 year old to lunch today. I had crawfish ettouffee, spinach salad and a homemade roll and she had fried catfish, fries and a roll plus 2 drinks for $15. It was yummy!

Spaghetti for dinner. My husband and son go to boy scouts an hour and a half away on Mondays. The girls and I have ragu spaghetti sauce every monday night!!

Tomorrow nights dinner is boneless chicken thighs stuffed with crab meat and wrapped in bacon. My mouths watering at the thought of it!
        You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

That sounds a lot better than what I am having tommorrow night: whatever is left in the fridge.
          Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Hot damn Cornfed! I'm coming to yours for dinner!
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Come on! I have 8 pieces of chicken and 5 people in my family so you can bring your boyfriend too!!
              You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

LOL. Can I bring Sharmi bunny? She's vegan, but suprising easy to feed...

My vegetarian friends are annoying to cook for. I always feel like vegetarian meals are lacking (which they are). Vegan friends - forget about it. You can cook your own damn meals! Lucky the majority of my vegetarian friends eat meat again.

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed
                  boneless chicken thighs stuffed with crab meat and wrapped in bacon. My mouths watering at the thought of it!
                  I think Im gonna wrap some cheese with proscuitto in a few minutes here.... mmmmmm

Comment

I like to see people who are building up their up their cholesterol!

Comment

You mean Americans?

Actually, I fall under the whole French paradox thing.... I eat lots of fatty, cholesterol high food, but Im suprisingly fit and healthy. Guess its all that wine I drink.

And it doesnt hurt to have a salad everday either.

Oh crap, I also have some wine cured salami. Wrap that with cheese and prosciutto, lets see if I can give myself a heart attack tonight, woot!

Comment

No just people in general. Actually, the Americans that make it to New Zealand: thus the Americans I know are very health conscious. I guess New Zealand doesn't appeal to the fat guzzling American or something?

I enjoy the company of people that enjoy their food. Some of my girlfriends annoy me with their diets and wants of cosmetic surgery. But that's a different thread...

Comment

I had sloppy joes and french fries for dinner with a big glass of sweet tea. mmmmmm.... It was good.
                          Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

I just had my cholesterol checked. It's good but my husbands is a bit high. I make a lot of healthy stuff too. I have an abnormally fast metabolism and I think that may help my cholesterol stay low.

Bring the bunny Buda! However, entering Louisiana with a bunny is a risk! The place I went for lunch today had rabbit stew as their Monday special!! I refuse to eat that - and frog legs. So sharma's safe in my house, it's a matter of smuggling her past the natives!!

Comment

Oooh, rabbit stew (sorry Buda, I wouldn't dream of eating a pet bunny). And I've had frog's legs. They're okay, very greasy, they're very little meat.
                              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I slept through lunch .. so I didn't have a blessed thing

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X