Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    DanCMU
    The period, to me, makes it more of an assertion rather than a suggestion. I know that's not what that's used for (technically speaking) but it makes it pack a little more punch.

I vote to...
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    PrintDriver
    What's a selfie?
    Just kidding.
    Narcissistic for the most part, more fleeting than a hashtag in general, and somehow people think they can make social statements with them. Society has become...
    Today, 10:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love hurts

Having some girlfriend woes, here guys. I need some moral support.

My girlfriend decided that she needs to take a break from seeing me for a little while. We were talking today, and she said that when she gets her AA she'll probably want to move away from South Florida, b/c she doesn't like it here. I told her that i'm not willing to move because of my job and Dafenix Foundation.

She then says that since she cares about me way too much its just easier to cope with crap now and take some time to cool her feelings off for me since we probably won't stay together long distance when she moves (Neither of us want a long-distance relationship. We've both been there before and have bad experiences). I don't think she cares about me more than I care about her, or anything, but i'm just not willing to plan my life around a 2 1/2 month relationship. It's pretty crazy that we've been together less than 3 months and I already know I love her.

Anyway, it's really hard to deal with. i feel like i did something wrong, even though i know i didn't. We're not breaking up, she's just taking a break. I don't think this will last...we need to see earch other, but sill, i'm in pain right now. Mostly b/c the part of the day I look forward to the most is when I get to curl up with her, and she's not here right now. [img]/emoticons/cry.gif[/img]

To quote the great David Dondero:

God it's been a long time, since I've seen my girlfriend,
    I don't own her, but I'd surely love to see her.
    I don't own my girlfriend, but I can do my best to set her free,
    And maybe she can do the same for me.

Maybe seperation is gonna make it stronger,
    And maybe separation's, gonna make it more for sure,
    And maybe seperation is gonna prove that we were wrong,
    And all this separation will make it, a little bit stronger, yeah, stronger.

Support Music and Arts Education
    www.dafenix.org

Post Edited (DeleteYourself) : 9/5/2004 1:23:49 AM GMT

Hey Delete...when I met my g/f, we were together for a month and a half. Then she went to New Zealand/Austrailai for FIVE MONTHS. She came back and it was awesome...we waited for each other..but in that time, it was super hard.

Now, what you're going through is different, however, if you've fallen for this girl after 2 months, maybe you should ask yourself if finding happiness with someone is more important than a job? Just don't make a decision that you find yourself saying 'What if' 5 years down ther road, that could haunt you for the rest of your life. Not to say staying with her or staying home and going your seperate ways is the answer. Only time will tell what is right for you guys.

See, my g/f, while she's ok with where I live, it's not her home...her home is this cool place about 3.5 hours from here called Wolfe Island. I know she eventually wants to settle there; it's where all her family is. My family is here, as are my friends....they are certainly tough choices.

Things will work out...if it's love and meant to be, then it will find a way.

To give you a quote from a song that meant something to me when stacey was gone..it's Patience by Guns and Roses:

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you
    I'm still alright to smile
    Girl I think about you ev'ry day now
    Was a time when I wasn't sure
    But you set my mind at ease
    There is no doubt
    You're in my heart now
    Said woman take it slow
    It'll work itself out fine
    All we need is just a little patience
    Said sugar make it slow and
    We come together fine
    All we need is just a little patience
    Patience

I sit here on the stairs
    'Cause I'd rather be alone
    If I can't have you right now I'll wait, dear
    Sometimes I get so tense
    But I can't speed up the time
    But you know, love there's
    One more thing to consider
    Said woman take it slow
    And things will be just fine
    You and I'll just use a little patience
    Said sugar take the time
    'Cause the lights are shining bright
    You and I've got what it takes to make it
    We won't fake it
    Aah, never break it
    'Cause I can't take it

"...you should show only one design because that is what your paied to do....your not paied to let the client himself pick out which designs he likes best..."

- Zartan the Wise

Comment

Hey Delete-

Wow. Love really does hurt. And I will agree that long distance relationships really really suck.

Delete, my boyfriend has been outta town since Sunday...Comes home friday. And it's driving me crazy not to see him. Its the longest we have ever been away from each other since we have been together. But, I have to remember that come September, I will have to go about 9 weeks without seeing him, or even talking to him, b/c he is leaving for the Navy.

You have only been dating for 2 months, and you know you love her? I hate to say it, but if you really do love her, and are in love with her, stay with her. Try to make it work if you can. My boyfriend and I knew after 1 month we loved each other. And, as of now (9 months later) we know that we want to be with each other for the rest of our lives. Him joining the navy was a shock. But, I am willing to move aroudn with him when I have to, no matter what b/c I love him, and i know when he is out and able too, he will move with me. So, if you love her, talk to her abotu it, hang in there, and maybe somethign will happen. Love is a sacrifice. Mag went through it, I will go through it, and you might go through it, but in the end, its 110% totally worth it. And you won't regret it. Good luck If you ever want to talk, PM me, and I'm sure Mag will help out too.

And here are me and my bf's song lyrics:

311-Love Song

Whenever I'm alone with you
      You make me feel like I am home again
      You make me feel like I am whole again
      You make me feel like I am young again
      You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away
      I will always love you
      However long I stay
      I will always love you
      Whatever words I say
      I will always love you
      I will always love you

You make me feel like I am free again
      You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away
      I will always love you
      However long I stay
      I will always love you
      Whatever words I say
      I will always love you
      I will always love you

I wanna be like Case when I grow up! *I shop...therefore I am*

Comment

I have no lyrics for ya Delete...sorry! Other than wishing you good luck! It's a tough situation and time really is the only way to tell. *sigh* I am in the thinking that 'love stinks' right now, but that's just because I have been taken through the sh!tter about 2 months ago and it cut deep...still cutting actually. I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything works out for you! )

Boobie Island or Bust!
        I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

I agree with Magnus if it's meant to be, it will find a way. Even if she moves away and you don't move with her, if you guys were really meant to be together, youwill find yourselves together again down the road.Maybe now just isn't the right time.

Whatever you do, you gotta take care of yourself before anything. I personally don't thinktwo months is enough time to know someone enough to pick up and move with them, unless you're ready for a change and are planning to move anyway. At two months, if you decide to move with her, please please please don't make it be 100% because of her. It wouldn't be fair to yourself because if it doesn't work out, you've left behind your life for a relationship that didn't work. And it wouldn't be fair to her because if things get crappy, you may end up resenting her for it. If you decide to move, make sure you're doing it for you.

I don't have song lyrics, but I know a guy you can call. Tom Leykis at 1-800-5-800-TOM. hehe

THINGS GO WELL AH MAHT BE SHOWIN HER MAH OH FACE...

Comment

Aww, thanks for the response, guys...I'm with you on the 'you gotta take care of yourself before anything' philosophy, ylaenna, but I hear what the rest of you are saying with the 'if it's love it will find a way to work.' Only time will tell if it really is love, I guess. She's not going to be done with school for a good 6 months, so we have time to figure out what we're going to do. The hard part is that she's a little older, and really concerned with finding a husband and starting a family, so she's thinking about this stuff earlier than I anticipated. I feel like if I'm not ready, I'm wasting her time. I'm just scared because it's all happening so quickly and I already feel like I've known this girl my whole life. Crazy.

DD, that's amazingly funny that you quoted Love Song! That's a cover of The Cure's 'LoveSong,' and for all intents and purposes, that's OUR song!!! I'm not crapting you!! My girl is a HUGE Cure fan. I just took her to see them 2 weeks ago.

And Mag, good call on 'Patience,' I pancakeing adore that song!

www.dafenix.org

Comment

Bummer!

Get Stoned, Listen to French Love Songs and Log in with us in the Morning...

Wish some of us were there with you to watch Sci-Fi or Action Adventure Flicks and throw beer bottles at the TV when the villan is on screen.

Works most of the time... Mostly.

BB~:0)

Comment

Not to sound mean... but 2 1/2 months is CRAP. You barely know each other. I know it's harash but i'm just giving it to you straight up. now is the time to realize that your life is going to take you in different paths... not a year down the road. It sounds civil and she sounds committed to what she wanst to do. I say let her go and move on with your life. Your young and many more chickies out there.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
                "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I have to say i agree with joe.

You've established that she wants to move away from southern fla and get married. You want to stay in southern fla because of your jobs n such. You guys want 2 diff things. If you hold onto eachother untill she has to leave.. then you guys are only going to hurt yourselves even more. Because spending time apart and seeing eachother occasionally is going to make you guys appriciate eachother more. Your gonna hurt EVERYDAY untill that final day..

Before i got with my current bf i was looking at schools in California. When i got with him i said do u ever wanna move to cali (or anywhere other then philly) and he said no..

So i decieded ok guess im stuck here till we break up, if we do. lol.

I just think holding onto something that you know isnt going to work is what you want to do. understandable.. but in the end your going to hurt a lot and its gonna make you resent her. thats not good.

y can i make stuff for other ppl but when it comez to a sig my mind drawz a blank..

Comment

'Not to sound mean... but 2 1/2 months is CRAP'

Hahahahaha...defjoe, that's funny $hit man.

"...you should show only one design because that is what your paied to do....your not paied to let the client himself pick out which designs he likes best..."

- Zartan the Wise

Comment

defjoe said...
                      You barely know each other.
                      While this is definately not true, I see your point. She's had a REALLY rough life up until now, and I'm not being overdramatic here. I think I'm the first guy that really accepted her for who she is and looked past all the crap she's been through. That's partly why there's such an attachment there. I'm the frist person that's made her happy in a LONG time.

Debz said...
                      I just think holding onto something that you know isnt going to work is what you want to do. understandable.. but in the end your going to hurt a lot and its gonna make you resent her. thats not good.
                      This is what I'm afraid of.

www.dafenix.org

Comment

DY:

I think what you should ask her is.. What brought this on now..

If you guys really love eachother why does she have to leave? This is where your life is.

I hate to say it but i think theres some underlying thing that she isnt saying because i know if i loved someone and i could make the decision to stay and be with them, or leave.... id stay.

I am sry if what i say hurts ya i just dont want to see u go thru mths of pain like i was telling you could happen.

y can i make stuff for other ppl but when it comez to a sig my mind drawz a blank..

Comment

I think defjoe is right when he says that now is the time to realize your lives might be taking differrent paths. Somebody once told me that timing is very important when it comes to relationships and I know it to be true. Sounds like you may want different things from life and it sucks to find that out now, but it would be far worse to find out 2 years from now.
                          I feel for you and hope things work out for you and your girlfriend.

"Oooh Benson; you are so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence."
                          I could give you a dose
                          but it would never come close
                          to the rage built up inside of me
                          fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

there are always exceptions to the rules of course (take Magnus and his girl). but like Debz said...the fact that she is set on moving away and neither you or her wants to give...that to me says it all. I'm not saying this is a bad thing.. .your just two people that want different things in life and unfortunetly they don't mesh.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
                            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Word.

www.dafenix.org

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X