Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An early August Friday

All you, Zartan flaming, Tattoo winning, Scared by a coffee ad, Drawing simply, Calling yourself designers, Back hurtin, Getting revenge on Email scammers, Still planning Boobie Island, Wishing they had a new member, Am I dumb or what wondering, Dealing with the WORST printshop ever, Working at the WORST printshop ever, Left out of the potluck, Working from home, Frustrated by Quark and OSX, Weird E-Bay item hunting, Jolt drinking, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great Weekend!!! [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/cheers.gif[/img]

Our winner this week is uber n00b. Everyone who has read this thread knows why:

uber n00b said...
    Hello, I'm new here. I am just starting out and I have 3 questions for all you experienced designers:

1. I heard Macs are better than PCs. Is this true and why?

2. What programs do I need to start learning how make nifty designs such as those found in many of your sigs?

3. I think this forum needs a redesign. No offense, but you call yourselves graphic designers?

P.S. What's the fascination with Boobie Island?

[img]/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Our runner ups this week go to PrintDriver with an assist from Holliday. These are from Silence's fart thread:

PrintDriver said...
    Fweep, Fweep, Fweep.
    And the bat carries you to...
    The Gas Room.
    BOOOOOM!
    You have died.
    Lesson: don't bring torches to the gas room.
    (and if you know what I'm talking about, you're OLD!)
    Holliday said...
    Zork? An old Abermud?
    PrintDriver said...
    Yeah, Zork, old man.
    Or did you play the Gold series?
    Zork and Wizardry made me the geek that I am.
    And finally this one by Big Perm from the same thread which really made me laugh:

Big Perm!!!!! said...
    I just ate a little mexican food....time for fun with gas
    [img]/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

'You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.' H. J. Simpson

hahahahaha!

farts!

happy farting friday, all! fuel up for the weekend! can't see them raising THESE gas prices soon! conserve gas - fart in a jar!

helloooo? is this thing on?

wokka wokka wokkaaaa

>> rudie can't fail <<

Comment

Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!! I made QOTW!!!!!! Errr, I mean, congrats, uber n00b!!!!!!! LOL.

Have a happy Friday, everyone! Mine is off to a slow start. I don't think I'm going to do anything productive for at least an hour or hour and-a-half. I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow and maybe hitting the beach if the weather permits.

And for your viewing pleasure, here's another Quote that made me laugh this week:

Stickwood1 said...
      Thanks a lot, saved me a lot of throwing fu**s into my computer

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

I pay pennies to fill my tank, one of my buddies is a human gas pump...hose in the ass, nozzle to the tank...great milage, has an explosive kick too

Great friday post Kool, I didnt see Uber Noobs thread...tho if I saw it, I'd have to threaten to kick his ass with my l33t skills because, anyone using the word "uber" and the l33t language needsa nice thwack to the head with a websters dictionary

no l33t...let it die

no uber... speak english

- Everyday, all the time, without fail!

Post Edited (Drorain) : 8/6/2004 1:14:35 PM GMT
        Tapp-d
        "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

happy friday everyone! hope you all have a great weekend. mine is going to be slow, thankfully!
          and for some laid back friday entertainment...
          read about this loser:
          www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2004/08/04/man_shows_up_drunk_to_fight_dui/

and here's some decent photoshop work:
          www.olympictrans.ru/fun/img/uglyZoo/

I'm not a real graphic designer, but I do play one on tv

Comment

yeah HAPPY FRIDAY... have fun and DRIVE SAFE!

<SUP>www.jdcgraphics.net<SUP>- currentlyunder construction

www.standercreative.com

Comment

Finally Friday! Get me the hell outta here!

Good job on the quotes Bob!

"...you should show only one design because that is what your paied to do....your not paied to let the client himself pick out which designs he likes best..."

- Zartan the Wise

Comment

what a week... glad it is over. looking forward to relaxing this weekend and then next weekend is balls to the wall. finally after months and months of hard work my pals and min'es first comic is coming out. We are going to Chicago for a big con there to debut it. check it out people you can go here:

http://www.assassinsguild.net/

let me know what you think and feel free to join that Message board for any of you comic geeks like me.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
                "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

DY: I am with you on having a slow morning so far. i have been here for 1hr 40mins and so far returned one phone call and addressed one envelope. lol. o god i need 2 sleep.

My bf is going to carlisle PA for a truck show (he shows his truck and wins trophys n crap) and to conserve cash im staying home.

WOOHOO ALONE IN THE APT ALL WEEKEND!

i was crying last nite lol cuz i hate bein away from him. Even tho we spend our time in seperate rooms its still nice knowing he is there. lol im sucha loser.. :P

I think the friday post woke me up cuz i can actually see straight.

y can i make stuff for other ppl but when it comez to a sig my mind drawz a blank..

Comment

Happy Friday everyone

Boobie Island or Bust!
                    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

TGIF....My Matthew is finally home from San Francisco..and I get to stand all day at work b/c I cannot sit..and go to the doctor for the 4th time this week. Hopefully I can get a little mooooooorephine. SO glad its friday. Hope you all have a great weekend....and Joe? ANy movies you reccomend seeing? If I can sit through one in a theater, I'd like to go!.

I wanna be like Case when I grow up! *I shop...therefore I am*

Comment

Damn hope you start to feel better soon DD

y can i make stuff for other ppl but when it comez to a sig my mind drawz a blank..

Comment

Happy Friday everyone. Defjoe that cover looks great man! Congradulations on all your hard work.

Comment

Thanks Debz....

awww..you were crying b/c you were away?? Thats so cute.. (Its ok....My bf just got home from 5 days in San Fran......I cried too)

I wanna be like Case when I grow up! *I shop...therefore I am*

Comment

Yay Friday. To bad I don't get paid till next Friday...

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
                              - Albert Einstein
                              ProudPenguin
                              P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X