Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping a friend out, who needs a new mac???

My buddy fell rock climbing last year, broke a ton of bones in his body, was almost paralyzed, etc...etc.... He is still trying to cover all of his medical expenses, and because of that it is forcing him to sell all of his studio gear to pay back the $10+K in medical bills he has. I took this snipit from his list cuz this thing is a monster.....he has other studio gear, etc if anyone is interested in that let me know.

Like I said, this is to try and help a friend out.....

His Mac

Mac Summary

• Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
    • 1.5GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200)
    • 250GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
    • NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB DDR SDRAM
    • 56k V.92 internal modem
    • 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
    • Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
    • Mac OS X - U.S. English
    • APP for Power Mac (w/ or w/o display) - Enrollment Kit

Apple Care Extended Warrenty for 3 years

Subtotal $3,547.00

He paid over 4k for this thing not even 6 months ago, still has roughly 3yrs left on the warranty.....if your interested drop me a pm, serious inquires only.

5 midgets......spanking a man....covered in 1000 island dressing. Is that love making? - Token
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

my buddies other stuido gear, let me know if anyone sees anything in here that they want.

Mac Dual G5 - 1.5 gig ram, Dual 2 gig, DVD burner, 232 gig SATA, 150 SATA - see below post

Logic Audio 6 professional retail version with USB auth key $1000

Yamaha Motiff ES 8 88 weighted key $2500
    JBL TR 125
    Yamaha SPX 990
    Yamaha AN1x $600
    Roland MC 505 $500
    Pioneer EFX 500 $350
    CDJ 10 $50
    Alesis AirFx $250
    DBX Crossover $200

5 midgets......spanking a man....covered in 1000 island dressing. Is that love making? - Token
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Sorry about your buddy. I hope he has recovered, or is on his way to a complete recovery. Or has good disability insurance. Man, that bites.

THINGS GO WELL AH MAHT BE SHOWIN HER MAH OH FACE...

Comment

ouch. that totally sucks.
        that motif makes me droooool

Set the whales free!

Comment

Yeah. The Motif would be sooo cool. But no have the cash.
          Sorry bout your bud.
          Sux he has to sell off his possessions to cover health care.
          10K, can't he get a loan or is he gonna be down a long while?

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

sorry to hear about your friend. I've been in that situation as well with a friend. He had alot of super expensive studio equipment. He went to LA for a year and I took his equipment for $5000 and agreed that he could buy it back from me when he is ready for the same price. (recording equipment was worth about $25k).

He has some nice equipment, I like that motif 8. I'm afraid he is asking alot for his prices though. I can get a new one for that price. Also, he is asking $500 more then what a new G5 2ghz costs now. Doesn't matter what he paid then, matters what its worth now. You should inform him that a new system costs $500 less then what he is asking. Computers depreciate fast.

Good luck to him. Maybe he can get a loan or something? There are tons of disability help organizations out there. Especially to pay hospital bills. To my knowledge all major hospitals in the US have time extension programs and charitable help. I know many people who have very high hospital bills which they have made payment arrangements for a certain amount of money every month for years.

Boobie Island and Busty!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X