Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    KitchWitch
    I'm on CS6 (not cloud) at work and I can still open old Pagemaker files. They aren't pretty, but it works.
    Today, 05:51 PM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    You will be able to open all your CS2 files. Just be wary.

You might have trouble going from Illustrator CS2 to CS6. If you have any clipping paths in images placed in Illustrator that aren't...
    Today, 05:51 PM
  • kemingMatters
    kemingMatters
    I would look out for changes in text flow, effects being dropped, things like rounded corners going screwy when opening in CS6, the largest jump I've done is an indd created in CS3 opened with CS6. Plus...
    Today, 05:36 PM
  • UncleWally
    UncleWally
    In theory it should still work; however I might recommend double checking with Adobe just to be save.
    Today, 05:15 PM
  • Casseopia
    Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    OK - before I ask you guys a question, I have to admit to something so terrible, so heinous, that you might just walk away shaking your head... Before you do - please try and help me with this question....
    Today, 05:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you saving up to buy?

Hey everyone, seriously i am in the worst procrastination slump of the year (granted we're not far into the year, but still.)

So, if you're checking out the off topic section, it probably means you're wasting time like me. If so, riddle me this: aside from being starving artsist and saving up for name brand mac n' cheese, what else are you saving up for?

I was saving up for a cintique, but I ended up buying a 67 Continental instead. Not exactly a business investment, but I've always wanted one and couldn't resist when I found a good deal. So now it may be awhile before I get a cintique, or maybe a cheaper tablet. Seems like it would save so much time. For now I'm still using pencil and a scanner.

What is everyone else saving their hard-earned dollars for?
    "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

I'm saving to buy a garage.
    or more specifically, firsly a concrete base, followed by lots and lots of timber for me and my dad to build a custom, fully insulated 2 car garage with workspace and engine table. mmmmmmmmm

THEN

enough parts to build a manx vw beach buggy. mmmmmmmmmmm

THEN

enough petrol to get to and around france for two weeks. mmmmmmmmm

The beginning is always today.

Comment

you work on cars yourself? i wish i did, i'm something of a classic car enthusiast, but i don't know much about working on them. my wife had a 73 beetle that we sold recently, and we got a few offers from people wanting to buy it to turn into a dune buggy (it was in Michigan, so there's better dunes than decent beaches) but we refused to sell it to someone who was going to cut it up. it was my wifes car in high school so we had to many memories in it to see it chopped. i have always wanted a dune buggy myself though, my friend had one growing up and it was an absolute blast, although slightly deadly the way we drove it.

Comment

saving for my next surfing trip in Sumatra. After that, heli-skiing in Siberia. Gotta spend my hard earned design dollars good!

-crowdedstudios

Comment

Saving up for Madagascar or Mauritius holiday in January. 2008..whichever is cheaper... Mauritus perhaps.

Been saving up for the last two years to do phase 2 of the house...still living in a permanent but incomplete structure so as to save on rent.
          Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
          - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

man i'm starting to regret starting this thread, you guys are making my life sound pretty lame. i'm just starting to learn to surf after moving to bay area, debating whether to get into surfing, or windsurfing or what. i'm thinking about surfyaking, which i guess is pretty new but looks cool www.surfyak.com . i'm into kayaking anyway so there'd be less of a learning curve. i also really like skiing, but i've only ever skiied (sp?) in michigan, which is pretty lame. I'm excited about skiing some of the mountains here in california, but we're waiting to go until my wife's latest basketball injury heals (torn acl). but i'm nowhere near good enough to go heli-skiing. you guys are saving up to dune buggy across france and jump out of helicopters and i'm like, "i'm going to buy some new pencils!"

Comment

It's a lot of work and sacrifice... and a long process, but you can do what ever you want. And stop procrastinating! just sit and do it! :-D You'll feel so much better and one step closer to the surf.

Comment

Groceries? No?

Seriously tho... I am trying to save up some money to take a trip ... somewhere anywhere just to get away for a few days to a week

I need a change of view

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

i did stop procrastinating by the way, i finished up what i was working on just moments ago.

Comment

i did stop procrastinating by the way, i finished up what i was working on just moments ago. it was a website interface design, which i hate doing, which is why i was procrastinating. wierd how everyone has their own thing they prefer, logos, websites, layout, etc. Someday I hope to have enough steady clients to just not accept web work, or maybe have some perminant subcontractors who handle it.
                    Last edited by DesignStudio; 02-22-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I'm saving up to afford the electric bill (I live in Illinois) and hopefully get the wireless high speed internet. I live out in the country and I can't get DSL.

Comment

I'm saving up for one of them Russian Mail Order Brides.

And a Battle Mech.
                        . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

I'm saving money to get out of debt. Weee!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBluePanda
                            I'm saving money to get out of debt. Weee!
                            Hey, get your own agenda to save up for.

Comment

www.standercreative.com

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X