Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kyousaurus
    Greetings from Maldives!
    Kyousaurus
    Hi there,

I'm a graphic designer from Maldives. I quite literally looked up "graphics designer forums" today to find a good place to meet like minded design people.

Today, 07:11 PM
  • Kyousaurus
    Reply to GDF's Portfolios
    Kyousaurus
    Hi there,

I'm probably very late to the party but this is my portfolio. I'm self-taught and working from Maldives. Trying to find a way to actually study though haha

https:/...
    Today, 06:46 PM
  • B
    Reply to LOGO FEEDBACK
    B
    I like the calligraphy. It's nice.

My biggest concern is both the inconsistent level of detail and whether or not that detail will hold up in small sizes. The fancy-looking ends of the horizontal...
    Today, 06:15 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to LOGO FEEDBACK
    Kayekaye
    This really is more of a badge than a logo. And it's very similar to this one
    http://www.swisshostels.com/de/swiss...l#.VeND-LxViko

- Beef up the cross bar in the F so it doesn't look...
    Today, 05:54 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Client wants to use 2 logos from selection
    Kayekaye
    At one agency I worked production at, the Art Director would come up with many ideas that were presented and one was chosen. Many times the client would choose "parts" of logos and have them...
    Today, 05:26 PM

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't fear the reaper...
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• (Turn around...)

Today was a Gwen Stefani day. I needed to block out a lot of noise.

Oh, and then after, there was Mahler.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Wagner is good for blocking noise.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• " 'Kill th' Wabbit' ?!"
            -- Bugshilde

I'm listening to ancient synthesized tunes by Larry Fast, aka "Synergy." Yay, Moog, tape, and splicing block!

Comment

• Most opera is good blocking noise.

If Wagner & Mahler don't work, I turn to Bruckner, then Stravinsky, and sometimes Charles Ives (his 2nd Symphony is awesome!).
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• k. d. lang, Hymns of the 49th parallel. Awesome album.

Comment

• Right now it's Beyonce - All the Single Ladies.

If ya like it then ya shoulda put a ring on it...
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said no, no, no...
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Good album.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• The Legend of Hungry Mother and Diverse Antique Virginiana -- New Sons and Daughters of the Golden Horseshoe

Comment

• On an Ethel Waters kick. Miss Otis Regrets She's Unable to Lunch Today... Madam.

Comment

• Ah, Cole Porter. <snicker> That song is SOOOOOO dirty.

Comment

• Rainbow Connection - Kermit
                              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Nothing. I arrived this morning to a ton of revisions and production work. I tend to do better with that kind of work when it's quiet, and over half the office is out today, either ETO or off-site in meetings.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X