X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, digging the music tastes in this here forum!

I am obsessed with listening to 'Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs' (the entire album) when I really need to concentrate and get cracking.

It's beautiful music, his voice is delicious.

Comment

• This week I'm addicted to The Moth podcasts. Such awesome stories.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Where I work, listening to music while working is equated with goofing off. Never mind that improving employee attitudes and lifting spirits sure wouldn't hurt here.
        No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Presently: Isao Tomita's synthesized rendition of Ferde Grofé's "Grand Canyon Suite" along with Delphi debugging of a twisty bit of SVG file parsing that keeps blowing up. Doesn't help that the troublesome bit is in assembler, not the kind of programming language we mortals can comprehend. Gr. *involuntary tailtwitch*

Comment

• The theme song to King of the Hill. Love work at home days.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• I haven't picked for the day yet, but it feels like a Classical or Baroque day.
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Mostly rock, but I don't listen to so much music when I work anymore.

Comment

• Yes' 90120 album.

Comment

• ^Nice.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• It's Friday after lunch. I just started the five Tchaikovsky overtures:

Marche Slave
                      Romeo & Juliet
                      Capriccio Italien
                      Hamlet, after Shakespeare.

Me, Lenny, & the NY Phil.

Sublime.

Comment

• Originally posted by garricks View Post
                        It's Friday after lunch. I just started the five Tchaikovsky overtures:

]
                        Badliumpty-ump-te-ump-te-ump-dum-dum
                        BOOM!
                        Badliumpty-ump-te-ump-te-ump-dum-dum
                        BOOM!
                        Badumptly-ump-de-ump-te-um-te-um-te-um
                        BOOM!
                        Badumptly-ump-de-ump-te-um-te-um-te-um
                        BOOM!
                        People will believe anything, which means I will believe anything…I want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                        -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

• The thing I love most about this recording is that they don't try to use real cannon, which always end up sounding tinny. They use a humongous bass drum with really loose skins to get a great rumble & reverb.

Comment

• But that's just a stupid dream that I won't realize
                            'Cause I can't even look in your eyes
                            Without shakin', and I ain't fakin'
                            I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Wub wub wub wub wub wub wub
                              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• I'm currently going through a search for newer music that I like, my music collection is all stuff I have had for years and years and I've been totally disconnected from the music world for a while so its time for some fresh stuff.

so my current playlist is a few bands etc I'm checking out.

City and Colour
                                Foster the people
                                Grouplove
                                Lana Del Rey
                                M83
                                The Lumineers
                                Band of Skulls
                                The Kills
                                The Black Keys

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X