Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is Friday the 13th!

Anybody superstitious?
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

not me, but i do think friday the 13th's are interesting days.
    are you superstitious morea?

Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Comment

All hell is breaking loose in Florida right now, pancake superstious!

Comment

snypa - I don't really consider myself superstitious. I never understood the whole 'friday the 13th' thing - I mean, you'd think ppl would worry a whole lot more about *Monday* the 13th - at least a friday is followed by a weekend! LOL

benjo - sorry to if I came across as trivial... of course all of our thoughts and prayers are with our friends in FL.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

yes yes

Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Comment

Thanks! I'll write you all once the wind blows me away and carries me to Boobie Island.

P.S. Defjoe is a deserter!

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

LMAO! I was just playing screw Florida and everyone that lives there.

*ducks very fast*

Comment

*Pelts benjo with rotten tomatoes and spitballs*

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

The 'thing' about Friday the 13th is that on that day many years ago, the King of France plotted with the Pope at that time to simultaneously capture and kill all the Knights Templar in one felled swoop. It was the greatest betrayal in history. It occurred on a Friday that was the 13th of the month. It has been remembered and forgotten as a deeply meaningful historical event... That aged betrayal still affects the world today. It is the symbol of infamy and deceit!

It was 1293 - Pope Clement V, and with the King of France, Phillip the Fair were the top guys in the conspiracy...

Whew!

Post Edited (BuckarooB) : 8/13/2004 3:42:11 PM GMT
                  BB~:0)

Comment

And all this time I thought it was because of Jason. Or his mom.

Huh. Who knew?

Thanks Buckaroo-cyclopedia!

Comment

Thanks BB that pretty cool I didn't know that.

Comment

There is so much to know about the early church, the Knights Templar and the Holy Grail that makes that sort of historical research actually interesting... These groups shaped our worlds - yours and mine.

A fun SciFi/Mystery novel to read on the subject that I know to be available to you is, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It's a really good read and touches on a number of the Mythologies surrounding the Knights Templar, the Grail (and who or what she is) and the ancient and modern Catholic Church - hinting at the political intrigue that has surrounded its checkered history. Great Book, but don't listen to any BS about it from anyone who hasn't read it or who is a fundamentalist... Just Enjoy!

BTW - the lineage of the Grand Masters of the Knights Templar has included a number of very interesting historical figures and artists - check it out. Reading is Fun-damental!

Comment

20...more...minutes!!!!!! ughhhh.

Comment

Hey, I have that book but I haven't read it yet. Had it since last winter actually. Too bad school's starting next week, I have no time to read.

Comment

Holliday!!! It's the weekend. You can read it in a few hours. It's a page turner...

Or do what most busy people do - read it when you're in the poo-room. You'll finish it in about a month and have another form of gratification in there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X