X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding ticket via roadside camera

I read this on the Snopes website and had to share it with you guys. It's too funny!

I heard a news report on Chicago radio that a guy in California got a speeding ticket that was sent to him via the mail. It was one of those new 'camera' set-ups that got him, where a camera is positioned along the highway, sans officer. The camera took the picture of his speeding car & tag number. A letter was generated by a computer & sent to him with the PHOTOGRAPH of his car speeding and the date & time of the offense. The letter went on to state that he had to send in a fine of $40. The story went that the guy was so mad that he sent back the letter with a PHOTOGRAPH of two (2) $20 bills. A week later he got a letter back from the police. He opened up the letter and inside was a PHOTOGRAPH of a pair of handcuffs!

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

yeah man, ive heard that story told about 200 different ways for the last 4 years.

apparently here in AZ, if you get nailed by one (which i did about a month ago) they suspend your license right off the bat if you dont pay, its pancakeing stupid, and i pancakeing hate it.

digitalcamwhore
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Ha! Well, it was a nice try!
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Yikes, DF, that doesn't seem right! Don't they have to account for computer error or something?
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

that is funny and a good idea...if it's true

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
          "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

I heard it where a guy gets on of those sent to his house and his wife gets it and finds that he is in the car with another woman.

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
            - Albert Einstein
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

yeah that was a true story Ryan. it was on Fark a few weeks ago. the dude got it cause his wife's lover ran a red light in his car. Well they send a pic and it was his wife with her 'man'.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
              "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Sorta spoils the Chase...

Too clinical w/o human-copper interaction. Pretty soon you won't be needing real-time coppers. All will be regulated remotely with cooperative citizens submitting wholly to the state as in THX-1138

BB~:0)

Comment

Snopes.com is a great website if you're a fan of urban legends. I stumbled onto it, and was instantly addicted. There are tens of thousands of stories there covering any topic you can imagine. If you've never been there, and you want to lose a weekend, you should go there.

-Jason

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X