Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
  • Sbower
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    Sbower
    Thank you everyone for you comments they have been very helpful. I do have to agree after looking it over again I don't think the icon reads very effectively. And therefore makes it a bit useless. And...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Are you able to read the text?
    PanToshi
    No prob. The vBulletin forum software is really kinda… well, borked up. I'm glad the workaround works for ya.
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Inspires you?

This guy www.davenitsche.com/index.htm is what made me try my hand at photography, he is by far one of the most amazing photographers I have ever seen. Take some time and mosey around his site, every category is filled with breathtaking images.

Who is your inspiration? I wanna see some dope stuff!!

digitalcamwhore
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

That guy is nice. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

henrik.cgcommunity.com/sketches_and_studies.htm<--- All freehand in photoshop, very impressive!

www.kinseyvisual.com/ Dave Kinsey... one of the most talented 'street' artists of all time.

www.bit-101.com Homepage of Keith Peters... actionscripting GURU! And tons of open source flash files.

www.celiacalle.com/ Celia Calle... her illustrations are top notch... reminds me of gestures in figure drawing... but bad ass!
      http://www.casedsgn.com || http://www.targetscope.com

Comment

Gee...

If I cared anymore about it - these sites would inspire the hell out of me. I'd get busy practicing. I'd be sketching, photoshoping, whatever!

Thank-goodness I got that out of my system in South America and Europe... Okay, and the US.

Now all I care about are whether my investments don't require any attention and whether Fifi is coming over before or after Jennifer leaves...

That and whether the margarita machine and the beer keg are ready for the weekend - although I often can't tell just when the weekend has begun or ended.

I sometimes Love art though, and it's you guys and sites like those above that inspire me, every-so-often, to spit out some new piece of... of... art to put up in the breakfast room if it can stand the morning sun or up in the library if it's more subdued and compelling. Or on occasion sell it at some outlandish price for an hour's craft...

Art is a mystery and commercial art is the greater mistress. Her lips are red and soft and warm, but her laugh cuts deep. She moves on to replaced by another and another until the bodies, arms, eyes, breasts, legs all seem the same... not to mention the personalities... especially those of the clients - or Mundanes as I call them.

You know it doesn't matter whether they're in New York, Atlanta, Dallas, LA, Buenos Aires, London... they're all the same - the Mundanes - not the waxers.

How was that? Did that seem sincere at all? I've been practicing sincerity lately and have hoped to come across as more caring than in the past. I did bookmark the two really good sites - honest!

Oh, and for inspiration; The Paintings of Jack Vettriano are a good start.

bertc.com/subtwo/gallery_30.htm

Thanks for bringing up the topic D-Frag - it's a good one!

Post Edited (BuckarooB) : 8/25/2004 2:57:43 PM GMT
        BB~:0)

Comment

I got a lot of photographic inspiration from www.dpchallenge.com

There are a lot of amazing photographers and piles of useful information on digital photography.
          I ended up getting a Canon EOS 10D and this site helped sooooo much.

M.

Comment

Frank Miller

John Romita JR

Scott McDaniels

Erik Larsen

and a slew of others

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

money inspires me

these guys are okay

shepard farely - www.obeygiant.com
              chank diesel - www.chank.com

---- Sheriff-Elect of Boobie Island --------

www.conceptprint.com - my company's new site

Comment

Great links, guys. Here's one that inspires me:

www.aestheticapparatus.com/index.htm

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

Eric Meyer - One of the original gurus of CSS.
                  Jeffrey Zeldman - Big promoter of Web standards. Runs Alistapart too.

Also the CSS Zen Garden and CSS Vault sites.

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
                  - Albert Einstein
                  ProudPenguin
                  P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

delete - your link is awesome I only wish I HAVE the opportunity to do projects like that.... but no I get stuck with Central Alabama Business Women's two color tri-fold brochure

Comment

case where is that link to that guy who does those illustrations that look real....

I cant find it......

Comment

I'm not sure which guy you're talking about?
                        Vector illustrations? Paintings? Photoshop?
                        http://www.casedsgn.com || http://www.targetscope.com

Comment

I suspect he means this one.

henrik.cgcommunity.com/sketches_and_studies.htm

BB~:0)

Comment

nope different thread.....

vector graphics of hot ladies

loads of gradient meshes used

Comment

Big Perm, if you're interested in photoreal Photoshop work, you should check out www.bertmonroy.com. The guy's a legend.

The clothes do make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society at large.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X