Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks, much appreciated encouragement there.

‹Somebody else just told me the same thing about the 'e'. Maybe I should try and make this more obvious. It might be the case that the speech...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    seamas: I appreciate the suggestions on where to look for more influence. A challenge I keep running into is finding a typeface that is professional and clear for a logo, but still has a steampunk look....
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    CataclysmX
    I really like this new concept, it definitely speaks "messenger" to me. At first I didn't know how to feel about the backwards e but realized it looks good because it's like they are facing...
    Today, 04:16 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    I would say J2 is working the best so far, I like that logo. I would just try and find a matching typeface that goes with it, or maybe even the same font, for using on the name below the emblem/pictoral...
    Today, 04:09 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Freelance Opportunities as a stu
    Buda
    I would tread carefully.

No one here is going to be actively encouraging a student to freelance. It's usually education first, internship, a few years of full time design work before freelancing....
    Today, 04:04 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geeze.

well i missed a lot this week.. [img]/emoticons/blink.gif[/img]

my work was burgularized and i lost so much stuff [img]/emoticons/weep.gif[/img] just wanted 2 stop by and say hi! since i havent been on all week. lol! lot of work to catch up on.. we finally got online.. ;/ dunno how much ill be on.. Heh!

y can i make stuff for other ppl but when it comez to a sig my mind drawz a blank..

WOAH! That stinks! They know who did it?

Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?!

Comment

Oh man Debz. I hope all goes well. You guys caught anything on camera?

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

So sorry to hear that! I hope they catch the bastids!

You know what are neat? Sheep. Because they're wooly, and if you pick them up, they scream!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

we dont have cameras ;/ and nope no one was caught! :/ but i lost a LOT of quark/photoshop/illustrator stuff that i never even thought to back up so frequently.. i was crushed..

its my fault i didnt back up.... u live u learn

y can i make stuff for other ppl but when it comez to a sig my mind drawz a blank..

Comment

I know what you mean... it's almost like losing a part of *yourself* when you lose something you worked hard on. Don't beat yourself up over it! We feel for you.

You know what are neat? Sheep. Because they're wooly, and if you pick them up, they scream!
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Debz!! Good luck getting everything back together!

Boobie Island or Bust!
              I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

You want I should break 'dere legs?

Support Music and Arts Education | www.dafenix.org | 'You have no chance to win.' | GDF Mac Death Squad, Son

Comment

Double Bummer!

BB~:0)

Comment

sorry to hear that

I have been there myself. One of my old small offices got robbed and I lost alot of stuff. The thieves went straight for the design dept (i say dept but it was like 3 computers) because they knew all the flashy equipment was there. I backed up but the backup tape drive was stolen too :P Luckily they caught the guy because we had a security camera but he seemed to have sold alot before we got stuff back.

One thing I still do is backup my powerbook to DVD every morning. Laptops are so prone to damage or theft so I am pretty mindful of it. With Retrospect the machine can turn on by itself, run a backup script to DVD, then turn itself off when it's finished. I know its a little late but may help for the next disaster. I usually cycle 2-3 DVD-RW's so if one was ruined, I can retrive another and not lose more then a day or 2.

Boobie Island and Busty!

Comment

I work for a CCTV company, Just go to our (left to rote) site. www.cbcamerica.com

Sorry man I don't the the time to update the dam site. I'm a one man department here what do you expect.

Graphic Design Heroes! Call me Captain Type Caster. I’ve fought off “The Evil Cosmic Sans” for year but it seems “Dr. Extreme Untalent” keeps bringing him back. I must find a way to defeat this evil creature.

Capt. Creative bring me those comps…

Comment

yeah im gonna start backin my stuff up once a day to a RW CD ya always think i should do this.. i should do that.. but u never think somethin bad will happen to ya :/

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X